Dual channel Hive into a single channel Logic boiler...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone, first time posting here but I am completely at a loss - looked through lots of the other posts and they all cover parts of my problem, but not the whole thing!

I bought a Hive dual channel as I incorrectly thought that's what I needed - turns out I only needed a single channel, but I now can't return it! THe boiler is an Ideal Logic+ Combi 30, here's a photo of the data plate:
WhatsApp Image 2022-10-31 at 11.16.52 PM.jpeg

And here's a photo of the setup before installing the Hive:
WhatsApp Image 2022-10-31 at 11.19.41 PM.jpeg

As it's a dual channel but only needs single, I followed a post on this website and ended up wiring it like this:
WhatsApp Image 2022-10-31 at 11.26.06 PM.jpeg

Now the Hive controller is perfectly conencted to the app, responds to commands etc, but then the boiler doesn't respond to anything from the controller. I can hear the relay click in on the controller, but the boiler just doesn't react...

Please help! I'm really hoping it's something stupid but I'm at a complete loss, and it's cold......!

Sponsored Links
All depends on what wiring you use at the boiler end ? if you used the low voltage internal timer wiring new PCB time if you used the mains voltage room thermostat switching try using the Brown wire that was origionally in A instead of the blue switching wire

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back