Ebay PayPal

2scoops0406

Anyone used this and got it to do anything. I've just spent 2 fruitless hours both trying to extract the money I got from selling a couple of items on ebay from PayPal, and also trying to pay my sellers fees. I give in :evil:

Sponsored Links
I've not has any problem with paypal, give them a ring to see what you're doing wrong.

Copy & paste from Paypal,

PayPal Customer Service Agents are available to help you from 6:00 AM BST until midnight Monday to Friday, and from 12:00 PM BST until 6:00 PM BST on Saturday and Sunday.

Call us on: 08707 307 191 (UK national call rates apply)

Thanks for this, you didn't warn me about the awful muzak during the interminable wait for a "representative to become available" but at least I was repeatably reassured that "Your call is important to us" ... Oh they still couldn't sort the problem out :evil: , so that's all the money for the goods I sold on Ebay which seems to have disappeared into the ether then? :evil: :evil: :evil:

Well to make you feel better, I use ebay 5 weeks ago for the first time and I just bought a petrol chainsaw from them (seller: bid-up, John Bold) and paid by paypal, the seller Positive Feedback was 99.8%. The next day John Bold from Wales has done a complete runner even paypal cannot contact him. I spent £98.65 inc postage. What I don't understand is what the point of having even 100% positive feedback if they can do a runner the next day ?

Sponsored Links
masona said:
Well to make you feel better, I use ebay 5 weeks ago for the first time and I just bought a petrol chainsaw from them (seller: bid-up, John Bold) and paid by paypal, the seller Positive Feedback was 99.8%. The next day John Bold from Wales has done a complete runner even paypal cannot contact him. I spent £98.65 inc postage. What I don't understand is what the point of having even 100% positive feedback if they can do a runner the next day ?

You should be covered under Ebay guarantee, just don't hold your breath waiting. Also you can contact your credit card company and get them to do a chargeback on his card or against paypal (which is an ebay company).

HTH

I'm fortunate having done 250+ transactions and not really had any problems apart from one non payer.

Eddie M said:
Anyone used this and got it to do anything. I've just spent 2 fruitless hours both trying to extract the money I got from selling a couple of items on ebay from PayPal, and also trying to pay my sellers fees. I give in :evil:

Are you transferring to a Bank account? You have to set one up by entering details of your account on (I think?) your user panel/preferences page.
Paying fees is a seperate thing and you can do it via your ebay accounts page.

HTH

Studders said:
I'm fortunate having done 250+ transactions and not really had any problems apart from one non payer.

What happens in such a situation? Did you send the goods and their payment bounced? I thought that payment had to clear before you send the goods. :confused:

If they take the goods but don't pay, surely that is theft and they can be given a judicial spanking?

masona said:

Possibly off sh*gging sheep ;)

In my situ though I'm just so annoyed, I work in IT :cry: , and it incenses me when it adds s0d all value to your life, and a shedload of aggro, I don't blame the technology, just the absolute f'wits who implement it.

Unfortunately I've closed my Paypal account, and it wasn't enough money to bother that much about. I'm still annoyed though, can you tell :!:

AdamW said:
I thought that payment had to clear before you send the goods. :confused:
No, the seller get the money first.

What I want to see is that paypal hold the money until the buyer is happy with the products then release the money to the seller so paypal act a middleman. I wouldn't mind a small fee to cover the costs for doing it.

I have mention this to ebay and they said "Doesn't work that" :rolleyes:

Looks like I've been unlucky but doesn't do my confident any good.

This system can be used and in fact I have seen it recommended for ebay transactions over £250. It is operated by various escrow services for which there is a small charge.

AdamW said:
Studders said:

What happens in such a situation? Did you send the goods and their payment bounced? I thought that payment had to clear before you send the goods. :confused:

If they take the goods but don't pay, surely that is theft and they can be given a judicial spanking?

I never send anything 'til it's been paid for and the funds are in my account but, amazingly, have often been sent stuff the next day, before they've even got my cheque?? Some people are just too trusting sometimes. :(

masona said:
AdamW said:
I thought that payment had to clear before you send the goods. :confused:
No, the seller get the money first.

What I want to see is that paypal hold the money until the buyer is happy with the products then release the money to the seller so paypal act a middleman. I wouldn't mind a small fee to cover the costs for doing it.

I have mention this to ebay and they said "Doesn't work that" :rolleyes:

Looks like I've been unlucky but doesn't do my confident any good.

You can use escrow services but only if the seller agrees to it.
If you paid by credit card then you can get your money refunded by them.

AdamW said:
Studders said:

What happens in such a situation?

Not much really unless you want to take it to court. You only get the sellers fees refunded.
One thing that really piddles me off with ebay is that as a buyer you get three warnings for non payment then get slung out. But as a seller I can have dozens of warnings before any action gets taken. It's so biased because they make money from the seller but not from the buyer so things are geared to pleasing sellers. :(

I would have thought the whole point of PayPal et al is that the funds could be held in a sort of limbo. Then they have the added financial incentive of holding on to your money for a few days/weeks and investing it, like a bank, insurance company or furniture warehouse.

AdamW said:
I would have thought the whole point of PayPal et al is that the funds could be held in a sort of limbo. Then they have the added financial incentive of holding on to your money for a few days/weeks and investing it, like a bank, insurance company or furniture warehouse.

They do, it takes seven to ten working days to complete a transfer. They also change pounds to dollars and charge you to change it back again. It's annoying but there's no real alternative for the smalltime dealers like me. :(

Sponsored Links
Back