eicr form

Where do you draw the line? If you're there to do an EICR then that's what you do and NOTHING else.

Sponsored Links
well i personally draw the line at doing my best for myself and the client and never look at these as a way to bigger pay days....the day i have to write 3 missing blanks i will pack away my test kit and move on to cutting the grass.....i do know so many do these as loss leaders...maybe thats what its come too..

So would you leave it in an unsatisfactory condition and not report it if you did not have the parts to repair it to a satisfactory condition? (Satisfactory meaning compatible proper blanks)

as i said before...i would sort it and in a domestic con unit most blanks fit most boards no problems.....it would take me longer to write it down than correct...it seems people on here would not and thats up too them ...maybe they need the job of going back to fit 3 blanks.

Sponsored Links
What if you didn't have the proper parts to fix it is the question?

i would be ashamed of myself and can not think of one instance when in 35 years i have had no blanks.....what if i had no pen ...i would not be able to fill the form in and the client would have to guess

as i said before...i would sort it and in a domestic con unit most blanks fit most boards no problems....

Not the proper ones. Remember the clip in ones are not, unless the consumer unit is in a locked cupboard or it has a lockable lid.
You will have to fit the ones that cannot be removed without use of a tool or key in order to be compliant, otherwise you may as well code it and let someone who has the correct gear come along and do a proper job

WHERE on a domestic property does that apply...how many domestic propertys have consumer units with locked lids.....

WHERE on a domestic property does that apply...how many domestic propertys have consumer units with locked lids.....

No domestic properties have lockable lids or cupboards, well hardly, so therefore you should always be using the blanks that fit on the din rail, NOT THE CLIP IN ONES.

They are the only ones that require a tool or key to remove and therefore are the only one compliant, normally they are made slightly different for each manufacturer and are not as interchangeable as the clip in ones, so you are less likely to have the correct ones on board your van

so when you find a domestic board with clip in blanks you code it and deem it unsatisfactory ...a brand new crabtree with blanks supplied..you fail it because they are clip in style which i have only seen with the unit.....hooorahhhhh i can fail every house i walk into.....i must buy more blanks

so when you find a domestic board with clip in blanks you code it and deem it unsatisfactory ...a brand new crabtree with blanks supplied..you fail it because they are clip in style which i have only seen with the unit.....hooorahhhhh i can fail every house i walk into.....i must buy more blanks

Yes that is correct. It is in the regulations that we sign adhesion to and it advised by the electrical safety council.

In fact you must not use those clip in ones unless you are putting the unit into a lockable cupboard. You could kill a child.

If the pop in blanks are the correct ones and fitted correctly it shouldn't really be possible to remove them unless you pop the corner out with a small terminal driver or push from the reverse side.

If I come across them loose and ready to almost fall it it gets coded. I use full blanks where possible myself though

The Memera 2000 boards are lockable, and they seem to be pretty common

Yes but there are a lot of boards that are fitted that are not Memera 2000 and the dangerous clip-in blanks have been left by electricians considering themselves competent to follow the wiring regulations and signing the install off as complying when in fact they do not. Just because they are given away free with the board it should not prevent someone spending £2 extra to make the installation safe

If the pop in blanks are the correct ones and fitted correctly it shouldn't really be possible to remove them unless you pop the corner out with a small terminal driver or push from the reverse side.

If I come across them loose and ready to almost fall it it gets coded. I use full blanks where possible myself though

This is not true!

Do you really believe that!

My 3 year old can remove them easily.

I know things are tight money wise - but this penny pinching over safety has got to stop.

Bllomin eck we had some bloke on here going on about the theoretical risk of socket protectors, yet something that has been included in the regs and is so obvioulsly a danger is being ignored for the sake of 30p a blank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back