EICR Today

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Despite it being dog poo messy, how many codable faults can you see?

image.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Haha no. You wouldn't be able to see the faults with it on!

You can't see it in the photo but it failed on bottom edge IP breaches also

I can't see that well, is there a single 2.5 on a 32A breaker?

Sponsored Links
Yes there is. Good spot. That was one of the trickier ones I thought, cos you're right - not the best photo

RCD not connected, appears someone has bypassed it by connecting both blue neutrals into the bottom terminal and the brown line presumably shoved in with the busbar.
That then implies at least one N-E fault on the outgoing circuits. Perhaps several.

Difficult to see exactly which wires go where but none of them appear large enough for the 40A MCB.

The B40 is indeed feeding a ring final

Another one you won't see is the B20 is feeding 2x2.5mm² in parallel to a rotary isolator. Not necessarily a fault per se, just a case of 'why would you do that?!'

There definitely is a N-E fault on the RCD side 0.0MΩ

Days of remedial work on this one!

By all accounts not DIY. Certainly looks like it from the board and other basic things, but then the install is all in pretty decent tray work, with beautiful steel conduit bends coming off it. It's an underground restaurant and the conduit bends follow the shape of the arches so a fair amount of bending has gone on.

I can only assume either somebody else did the board to the tray work, or by the time he got to the board, there was no money left in the job so he just lashed it in.

Alterations are within the last year. It's a new tennant so no definite answer but it's all recent

In addition to what has been said already, I would like to see the non harmonized wires sleeved in the harmonized colours. Also the wire what is presumable 3 core + CPC, again would like to see sleeved with single phase colours.

Is the screw on the left what holds the din rail also missing or can it just not be seen in the photo. Also, surely the lighting circuits are not protected by a 16A MCB!? Is there more MCB's we cant see.

It's not made or enclosed in a non combustible material if it is in a domestic premises.
Excessive copper showing on wires connected to neutral rail
Strands of neutral conductor not clamped in the terminal correctly.

Hager boards don't have a screw for the DIN rail (this vintage didn't anyway) just a lug and a clip

There's no requirement to sleeve old colours to meet new, that's what a mixed wiring sticker is for.

The 3C+E YY is oversleeved, you can see the blue sleeving underneath the earth bar

There's 4 more MCBs connected to that busbar that's visible on the RHS of the photo, this feeds the lights

It's not made or enclosed in a non combustible material if it is in a domestic premises.
Not domestic no. I also think the board has been in since before Jan 1st

Neutrals are pretty dog rough though will give you that one.

One of those boards you regret taking th cover off

What's the take on plastic consumer units fitted before 1st Jan? The regs don't say they are excempt hence I'd err towards a C3 (if it was domestic)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back