Electric Meter

Sponsored Links
Don’t see any advantage to the caper of a smart meter
There are few differences in the two meters. My electric meter is a ball ache to access, so it's a boon now not having to read either meter.

Don’t see any advantage to the caper of a smart meter

All a load of baloney for the gullible who are easily lead any way
Some nutters on here think they are evil and that probably little men sit inside and spy on us. Gullible indeed.

There are few differences in the two meters. My electric meter is a ball ache to access, so it's a boon now not having to read either meter.

Some nutters on here think they are evil and that probably little men sit inside and spy on us. Gullible indeed.

Some nutters in here reckon the country is run by Russians

Russian infiltrators in government

That and Nazis has been peddled in here by the same nutters and fruit cakes

Yes exactly :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Oh hang on a minute are you one of those nutters ??? Don’t recall you saying it was a load of tosh at the time :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
I haven't read the whole thread and I do respect everyone's different opinions about smart meters.

If considering a smart meter it's become common knowledge that the smart meter itself requires power. I read an article where a woman had phoned her supplier and asked how much it would cost to have a smart meter for a year and after being push and pulled from pillar to post getting no answers she finally got an answer.

So for something that is supposed to save you money as a consumer I do find it irksome that the cost of running the meter itself is never mentioned. We are talking £10-20 a year to run the meter, but this is a cost that is never mentioned and it is a long way from zero.

Weren't they the reason Brexit came about?

Did Russia Influence Brexit?​

According to the UK Parliament’s Intelligence and Security Committee, the UK government does not know and—incredibly—did not try to find out.

Crucially, the UK Government is accused of making a deliberate effort not to find out how Russian influence may have affected the June 2016 vote. This is all the more incredulous because the government admits there was Russian interference in the 2014 Scottish referendum, declaring it the first time that Russia directly interfered in a Western election. The government also admits that Russia interfered in the December 2019 general election. This information makes the lack of preparedness for 2016 (and 2019) and lack of response all the more stunning. The report rightly calls for a thorough inquiry; the UK government has so far rejected the call.

[email protected]

And you can throw in the peerage for Lebedev. Too many gaps in the narrative leave unanswered questions from the government - Johnson may not be culpable for a breach of security but the recent discovery of sensitive information in his diaries should tell you how dangerous this Tory government has been for the country.

Incompetence or intrigue?

So for something that is supposed to save you money as a consumer I do find it irksome that the cost of running the meter itself is never mentioned. We are talking £10-20 a year to run the meter, but this is a cost that is never mentioned and it is a long way from zero.

The customer doesn't pay that directly, the meter doesn't meter itself, so its consumption will not register in its consumption reading. I very much doubt they cost £10 to £20 per year to run, but even the old, mechanical meters involved some consumption.

On a slightly different note. With the increase of high power solar installations without FIT agreements. There is a remarkable amount of free energy going on the grid.

Everything is billed to consumer especially the over 15 billion quid the smart meter roll out is costing
Also it cost anything upto 80 quid a year in additional charges to the suppliers for the meter and communication costs so up to an additional 800 quid in just ten years that ultimately us as consumers pay.

Everything is billed to consumer especially the over 15 billion quid the smart meter roll out is costing
Also it cost anything upto 80 quid a year in additional charges to the suppliers for the meter and communication costs so up to an additional 800 quid in just ten years that ultimately us as consumers pay.
We all pay it, regardless of what meter you've got or having.

But I'd like to see your costings of over 15 billion

We all pay it, regardless of what meter you've got or having.

But I'd like to see your costings of over 15 billion
No we pay more for smart meters increased initial cost .increased running costs and significantly more expensive maintainance costs over it's life time hence why cadet refused to maintain them . Roll out cost have a look on government sites regards escalating cost

Sponsored Links
Back