Electrical socket behind a radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to move a radiator from one side of a room to the other. However, where I would like to position the radiator there's a single electrical socket in the way. Am I ok to remove the socket, insulate the wires and put a blanking plate where the socket was? Or do I have to get an electrician to chase the wire and remove it altogether?

Sponsored Links
it needs to be accessible for inspection and testing.. do you considder it to be so when behind a radiator?

it needs to be raised above or removed..

Coljack
Can it just be left, or will that still have to available for inspection?

Sponsored Links
how many cables at the socket? does the cable or cables go upwards or downwards? and can they be accessed from under a floorboard? or do the cables follow another route?

tho you could in some cases crimp the cables together and cover with a blanking plate, they may not necessarily be in a cable zone with a radiator covering it up. in other words someone could drill the cables unaware they are there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back