Email from niceic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got this email from NICEIC today.

""To that end we have already launched the Electrical Safety Register: www.electricalsafetyregister.com

We are urging our registered contractors not to provide their details to another similarly named web site or organisation purporting to act under the guise of safety. We believe it is merely a move to capture contact details for marketing purposes and a way to push forward their own commercial interests.

The other site does not have industry-wide support from the ESC or ECA and has unfortunately created confusion in the industry. ""

Looks as if its going to get nasty !!

Sponsored Links
no, the NICEIC is full of corrupt idiots and they have no real sense of correct contractor service. If the NICEIC say it is friday then it must be friday is the wrong way forward. The moron that ran it is has been forced to hand it over to a quality control/customer service oriented, forward looking individual, who has decided to approach the ECA to take some lessons from them in how to approach the public and contractors. the NICEIC is in a panicking downward spiral and the industry must change its method of control and organisation for it to go forward. The government need one organisation to talk to that does not involve power struggles, back biting and exorbitant pricing for its materials

The other site does not have industry-wide support from the ESC or ECA and has unfortunately created confusion in the industry.
And this one appears to not have the support of BESCA, BSI, Corgi or NAPIT.

What is "the other site"? And why does the response to it need to be yet another register when there was already one which covered all the different schemes and is the one which the Govt's official information leaflet & website points people at?

Sponsored Links
Www.electricsaferegister.co.uk
Is a NAPIT sponsored website free to join by any electrician who is part of a self cert scheme.send them your details they check your credentials and your on. 'A one stop place for consumers to find an electrician. '

A couple of days later this appeared

Www.electricalsafetyregister.co.uk
An NICEIC / e.c.a sponsored website ONLY open to NICEIC and eca members.

So instead of a one stop shop we have two however one of them tells half the story. And the one that is for everyone we are being proactively told not to join.

NB. All full scope NAPIT members are listed automatically.

Which suggests to me that "" ElectricSafe "" may have some form of direct connection with NAPIT's membership records.

electricsaferegister.co.uk has been around for several years, although apparently not promoted to anyone, so it's effectively useless. It's the Napit one, which is the organisation that claims to have higher standards than everyone else, even though no one cares.
Although other people can be listed on it, obviously no one has bothered because all of the results are Napit registered people.

electricalsafetyregister.co.uk / .com was only registered a few months ago, it's run by Ascertiva, which is NICEIC and ECA under a new name. No doubt it's just the start of much bigger things in the works.
It's already stuffed full of NICEIC and ECA members (including ELECSA) and therefore covers the vast majority of registered organisations.
Napit and the like are not invited.

Also note that although electricsaferegister.co.uk is Napit, electricsaferegister.com is not, because although this is unbelievable, Napit didn't bother to register that one.
I'm sure you can guess who registered electricsaferegister.com a few months ago.

Well I am in both.
The ECA/NIC one automatically and the Napit one by choice.
I was not unhappy when Elecsa was taken over by ECA.
I was not unhappy when Napit invited any member of any scheme to be included on their register.
I was unhappy that ECA got into bed with NIC.
I was incensed to read the email from NIC and the fact that non ECA/Elecsa/Nic are not free to join their register.
"Handbags at dawn" with the Nic running scared ?
Seems that the Nic have shot themselves in the foot with this email.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back