Email question - (She/Her)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect, I think you have twisted it out of all proportion.

It would appear people are now choosing to put pronouns next to their name to make it clear how they identify.

I don't think it's anything to do with "hurty words".

Edited for clarity to avoid confusion.

My point is, it's just something else for people to get offended by

Sponsored Links
Do you think these people do get offended?

Isn't it done to avoid awkwardness and embarrassment in people who may not be aware?

For me it's more,

"I've come up with a solution."

"What was the problem?"

"I'll let you know when I find it!"

"Got it! My name is Joe, but I prefer to use Jo, so if I put 'he/him' in my emails, I won't have to be offended by misgendering. After all, no-one should have to endure misgendering. Should they?"

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Do you think
No, he doesnt.

He just spews out intolerance.

He is on the path which leads in tiny incremental steps, each one barely distinguishable from the previous one, to the level of intolerance of the Taliban and ISIS.

Methinks the world is changing in ways which really do not have any actual effect on you whatsoever but for some reason, be it an inability to think, an instinctive urge to be intolerant and repressive, a bigotry against change, you just will not accept.
Calm your jets ;)

Firstly, this is a forum, i.e. a place where differing views and opinions can be raised and discussed. That's what a forum is.
Secondly, please don't assume to know me from a single statement such as 'me thinks the world is going slowly mad.' I do think this, however that doesn't make me an intolerant, repressive bigot.

I might think it's crazy that people are starting to put preferred gender pronouns in their signature blocks, that doesn't mean I don't respect their right to do that, neither does it mean I won't respect their wishes when addressing them. For example, if someone I know (family/friend) said to me 'as of now, please refer to me as they' I'd do it ... I might not completely agree with it (my right?) however I'd respect their decision.

I also think it's going to be a minefield in the future trying to remember everyone's preference on this.

Thanks.

No, he doesnt.

He just spews out intolerance.

He is on the path which leads in tiny incremental steps, each one barely distinguishable from the previous one, to the level of intolerance of the Taliban and ISIS.

Don't be silly. He is definitely not a muslim.

Isn't it done to avoid awkwardness and embarrassment in people who may not be aware?

If they didn't get offended easily then they wouldn't need to do it would they?

How have we managed for the past god knows how long these people have had dual gender names?

As I said it's not a problem, I don't find it offensive, I just find it somewhat odd and unnecessary and see it as load of ball ox, and it being weaponised for those who are easily offended.

Speaking of the easily offended type (nothing to do with gender pro nouns), I had an engineer offshore, and it had been planned for ages that the engineer would be leaving the platform on the Friday as he had his brothers wedding to attend on the Sunday (they generally don't do flights on a weekend), anyway got to the Friday and the customer bumped him off the flight list, my guy wasn't very happy. The only way of contacting aviation is via email. So my email was

"Dear Aviation,

We currently have an engineer on your "insert rig name" platform, his name is "insert name".

It has been planned for some time that our engineer must come off today as he had prior personal committments. Please see attached emails with you copied in as proof of this.

Please do everything within your power to ensure he is removed from the platform today, even if you have to divert a flight from another rig, as is known is possible in special circumstances.

My engineer is greatly disappointed at this late motion from yourselves and we need it rectified ASAP, and we wish for it to not sour future relationships between ourselves."

The email I got back was

" Please do not use that tone of language, I find it rude and offensive, the flights will stay as they are "

I ended up getting the mobile number of the ladies boss in the end and getting him to sort it, he didn't feel the email was offensive, and apologised on his staff members behalf.

Our engineer did make it on the flight.

I imagine that this is the sort of person that feels the need to put pro nouns at the end of her name.

Also captain nemesis losing his poop over it as people are discussing this topic proves that the sort of people that believe in this are rather easily offended and start foaming at the mouth as soon as someone has an alternative opinion to that of theirs.

Last edited:
That’s the problem with this country the vocal minority
Have hijacked the agenda

this allows the fruit cakes in society to gain influence

common sense has gone down the collective toilet

I imagine that this is the sort of person that feels the need to put pro nouns at the end of her name.
Why do you imagine that?

Do you understand the link between "pre-judging" someone and "prejudice"?

Has anyone witness a post from himmy in which he/she/it/they answered a question without another question?

RWR are the real snowflakes. The way they were offended that one statue was toppled. They said we shouldn't eradicate our history - we should retain and explain. Well Newcastle Council tried doing exactly that - putting up new plaques explaining the statues and guess what the RWR were upset over that as well.

The RWR never see their anger and overeaction as being sensitive but as standng up for something. Hypocrisy.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...g-light-on-any-conflict-is-insult-to-our-past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back