Email question - (She/Her)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Methinks the world is changing in ways which really do not have any actual effect on you whatsoever but for some reason, be it an inability to think, an instinctive urge to be intolerant and repressive, a bigotry against change, you just will not accept.

nonsense should not have to be accepted.

Sponsored Links
Absolutely it should.

What should absoutely not be accepted is people like you infringing on the freedom of others to do things which really do not have any actual effect on you whatsoever because you are primitive, backward-looking, inward-looking and ignorant.

Absolutely it should.

What should absoutely not be accepted is people like you infringing on the freedom of others to do things which really do not have any actual effect on you whatsoever because you are primitive, backward-looking, inward-looking and ignorant.

Lol,

Calm down Bobby.

Life is stressful enough, why do they need to now start making it even easier to offend someone with all this nonsense.

It's completely unnecessary.

Sponsored Links
Lol,

Calm down Bobby.

Life is stressful enough, why do they need to now start making it even easier to offend someone with all this nonsense.

It's completely unnecessary.

The dazzler is not happy unless he's totally offended and outraged. Bless his wokeship.

On the one hand, democracy is held up to be a principle we should all adhere to - but nowadays the majority has to do what every tiny activist group decides is the flavour of the week.

These minorities can, of course, do whatever they want if it is legal but they should just get on with it amongst themselves and stop forcing everyone else to comply with their every crackpot idea.

Next we will be prohibited from using apostrophes because some tosspot for some reason refuses to use them.

On the one hand, democracy is held up to be a principle we should all adhere to - but nowadays the majority has to do what every tiny activist group decides is the flavour of the week.

These minorities can, of course, do whatever they want if it is legal but they should just get on with it amongst themselves and stop forcing everyone else to comply with their every crackpot idea.

Next we will be prohibited from using apostrophes because some tosspot for some reason refuses to use them.
99.9% of the country's population loves you.
The rest are tosspots who moan at every chance and in the name of democracy impose things upon others.

did not the students union ban clapping or applause at some of there meetings

it was substituted for glad handing :confused:

apparently clapping after a speech or what ever caused up set to some students :ROFLMAO:

Apologies if I sound like a dinosaur but what does it mean in an email signature after a name that is a female sounding name when it has this - (She/Her). I’ve never seen it before - is it a new thing? Should I be having (He/Him) after mine?

I would guess at nothing more than avoiding people referring to her by the wrong gender and as if you were talking to a male, when she is a female. My own name is sometimes used as the short form of a female name, but that would be so rare I don't feel the need to qualify my gender.

I would guess at nothing more than avoiding people referring to her by the wrong gender and as if you were talking to a male, when she is a female.
Well the name mentioned was definitely a female name only. I met the person today and there would be no way she could be mistaken for anything other than a woman. Still confused as to why she had to put (she/her) after her name. I may ask at a later date when I get to know her better. Anyway, meeting concluded and I’m doing a bit of consultancy and quality assurance work for an organisation that helps those with special needs into employment. Seems interesting and worthwhile.

Last edited:
Absolutely it should.

how dare you :eek:

Incidentally are you French :idea:;)

It's not that it bothers me, just makes me think what will they complain about next?

what crackpot thing are they going to pick up on and twist it woefully out of proportion just so they can be "different", and everyone seems so hurt by non-hurty words.

It's very strange times we seem to be living in, we can only hope that for the sake of humanity common sense continues to prevail

With all due respect, I think you have twisted it out of all proportion.

It would appear people are now choosing to put pronouns next to their name to make it clear how they identify.

I don't think it's anything to do with "hurty words".

Edited for clarity to avoid confusion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back