applied for job with aa as emergancy plumber and gas man
got told no i can not have interveiw for job over subscribed
so short listed everyone with manchester post code

Sponsored Links
just wondering can u be shorted listed out by your post code legaly

well you can still apply but they have filled the positions in manchester so you would have to be based else where as no positions are there for your chosen area

just wondering can u be shorted listed out by your post code legaly

i dont need anyone in your area, nobody in your area is getting an interview, i will decide, however you are not getting an interview (but others in your area are) because you are black, white, male female, gay or straight isnt allowed

Or because nobody can understand a f'cking
word you are saying? :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Postcodes do not come under any of the anti-discrimination legislation and so yes it could be an acceptable way to short-list applicants if closeness to the work is a factor

One scenario where it would not be acceptable, and could be deemed discriminatory is if say a certain postcode area contains the homes of people predominantly from one or certain ethnic backgrounds

Postcodes come into consideration, if the area had any prior work in that area. ie I was turned down for a job, in my next town, as they only accepted ex mine workers, as a mine had closed down 20 years or so earlier. And a Government grant ensued that those that lived close got the jobs, even though I lived 3 miles away, as it was across a county boundry.

yes understand that the aa is still covering my area from manchester i live in bolton praticaly on top of the ring road and in right area to get to other side bolton before most others can also can get in and manchester fairly easy

Sponsored Links
Back