Energy Bills

Sponsored Links
With OVO, any overpayment gets 5% interest. I wonder what would happen if you overpaid by fifty grand? Could be a good earner!
Just checked octopus don't pay interest on over payment damn

I wonder how many moaning on here about energy prices voted for 'Sid'? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
If only I could connect to the steam that comes out of notches ears whenever he joins in a brexit thread. :rolleyes:

Are those boxes still made that make the leccy meter go backwards? Asking for a dodgy friend

If only I could connect to the steam that comes out of notches ears whenever he joins in a brexit thread. :rolleyes:
Poor Woody is still smarting because he loses every Brexit debate.

here’s a tip: ditch the emotive slogans and learn some facts

With OVO, any overpayment gets 5% interest. I wonder what would happen if you overpaid by fifty grand? Could be a good earner!
A few years ago, my supplier at the time (maybe Atlantic? Not sure) gave a rebate at the end of the year which was equal to the average direct debit payment made, effectively giving you a free* month. I doubled my DD so got double the rebate and they refunded the extra credit on the account at the end of the year anyway. I'm sure they knew what was going on but it helped their cash flow, so everyone's a winner.

* of course it's not free, they just build it into the pricing model elsewhere.

A few years ago, my supplier at the time (maybe Atlantic? Not sure) gave a rebate at the end of the year which was equal to the average direct debit payment made, effectively giving you a free* month. I doubled my DD so got double the rebate and they refunded the extra credit on the account at the end of the year anyway. I'm sure they knew what was going on but it helped their cash flow, so everyone's a winner.

* of course it's not free, they just build it into the pricing model elsewhere.
Same round here with our Council Tax. The bill is split into 10 x monthly payments. You don't pay in February and March so it feels like you are 'saving' £231 a month for those two months. Of course, it's built into the pricing model too.

On the first post 28% of our electrical power comes from renewable and a lot of the rest via gas and I think a bit of coal too. Then nuke but I think if you look the largest contributor is gas. Cleaner than oil or coal.

The renewable aren't constant hence us needing more nuke. It seems China will build those for us. They would prefer France. Japan would once but dropped out. Not sure what is going on in that area.

The biggest greening improvement at one time not that long ago was LED lighting. Better than renewable additions. Probably not now but still helps.

The future seems to be insulate your house but a gov advisor mentioned electric and turn the gas boiler on when it's too cold.

Same round here with our Council Tax. The bill is split into 10 x monthly payments. You don't pay in February and March so it feels like you are 'saving' £231 a month for those two months. Of course, it's built into the pricing model too.

We get 10 months or 12 months option.

Sponsored Links
Back