Energy crisis.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has it already arrived?
The Times said:
A LEADING chemicals manufacturer, Terra Nitrogen, has been forced to cut production because it can no longer afford to pay its gas bill, the cost of which has doubled over the past week.
.... Natural gas is the raw material for ammonia, used to make fertiliser. A doubling of the gas price adds a potential £2 million a week to Terra&'s gas bill, forcing it to shrink its operation and risk losing customers to competitors on the Continent, where the gas price is at half the UK level.

Our Eurphrends getting their £3billion returns.
Every barsteward is screwing us ... Is it because they think we are rich due to property values? Or are they all jumping on Gordon's bandwagon and grabbing as much as possible?

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,9069-1879048,00.html
:( :(

Sponsored Links
We need to plant more Nitrogen Fixing Bacteria, then work out how to unfix and store it .Then sell it abroad

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't want to cause upset between you and Big-Spark, besides, I might be on for a couple of Welsh sheep.

oilman said:
I wouldn't want to cause upset between you and Big-Spark, besides, I might be on for a couple of Welsh sheep.

I thought you and Kendor were bad but Brightspark :eek: :eek: :eek:

animal-smiley-077.gif

Nige F said:
We need to plant more Nitrogen Fixing Bacteria, then work out how to unfix and store it .Then sell it abroad

Well, we had the North Sea ... 'Oil will be so cheap we will run our cars for nowt.." We had the stuff .... Correction 'we' had sfa, someone did and made plenty big bucks from it.
I think with mortgage interest rates low, not low enough compared to Bank Rate, then something else is taking up the slack .. energy prices .. the next property crash could be the worst of all times.. If and when it happens.
;) :D :D

North Sea oil was used to close down the pits and pay off the miners.

It has let us live in a fools paradise for 35 years - but it's on the way out now. As is Venesuala, Bass Straight, Gulf Of Mexico, and every other source of oil.

We've simply wasted the oil we had and our children won't thank us for it.

We've been wasting it like there was no tomorrow - and guess what?...

......there is no tomorrow.

so much for the european union. while we pay for french riots they stuff us with expensive gaz.Bar stards!!! Reopen the mines hmm wunder if brusssels wud allow it lol

brussels sprouts new laws and supposed protections by the day, tell that to the people being screwed in Spain where home building and selling allowed to progress without planning permission, illegally, then bulldozed, after purchase of course ... If ever there was a scam this must be the mother of it.
Ok buyers may appear silly, but how many of us have been given the old spiel, which turns out to be bullcr ap legally? Even worse when in a foreign language I am sure.
:cool: :D :cool: :cry:

empip said:
brussels sprouts new laws and supposed protections by the day, tell that to the people being screwed in Spain where home building and selling allowed to progress without planning permission, illegally, then bulldozed, after purchase of course ... If ever there was a scam this must be the mother of it.
Ok buyers may appear silly, but how many of us have been given the old spiel, which turns out to be bullcr ap legally? Even worse when in a foreign language I am sure.
:cool: :D :cool: :cry:

Nobody forces you to go live in Spain though Pip, and i'm sure the Daigo's dont have the monopoly on scam's, but what's that got to do with the enviroment and oil shortage.?

has anyone ever considered that the fuel crisis could arise over night?

China needs oil. It needs oil badly. So what are the Chinese doing about it?

They are looking to buy a large oil company so they can divert the oil to China.

That company could well be BP.

If Britain lost the oil that BP currently sells in the UK we would be plunged into an oil crisis overnight.

Think about it - it could well happen.

joe

Dont know whether the chinese could buy bp or not but oil is sold openly on the open markets and sold at whatever price it fetches that day, i dont know of any country that gets it out of the ground and keeps it without first buying it at market price

Sponsored Links
Back