Energy crisis.

empip said:
kendor said:
next thing they'll be saying that all the leaders of the EU are members of the prieure de sion! ;)

Any ideas on the 'treasure of Solomon' then? I bet there are so many 'funny handshakers' in Euroland they probably have to test 'em all on striking new acquaintance..
:D :D
shhhh! now how does that handshake go again? ;)

touch thumb tips together then interlock little fingers, then grasp hands and stroke each other using thumbs them interlock thumbs and finally handshake? something like that ;)

Sponsored Links
Big_Spark said:
joe-90 said:
Big_Spark said:
BP still is 49% owned by UK Gov PLC as far as I am aware, they only sold 51% of the Company, and to buy that 51% would take something like £15 Billion..

That's peanuts for a country that supplies the world with just about everything you can name. It would use the oil to manufacture products and sell them to the West - and earn far more than the £15 billion needed.

joe

Joe, How old are you and what experience do you have of business....

I am sure those doing take-overs of companies would love it to be so simple, but it is far from.

The 51% in public hands is spread amongst THOUSANDS of share holders. and it would only take a small percentage of these to say NO to the sale to block the takeover, and the Government, unless it has given it up, has a compulsory buy back option on all shares for BP. If your British and own shares, the Government can effectively compulsory purchase your shares at current prices and to refuse would be a criminal offence.

This is a daft discussion and best left alone, Joe, your talking twaddle so simply leave it .

I'm nine years old and am self employed.
I hear what you are saying and I'm sure that you are right, just like at Manchester United when the shareholders blocked the Glaizers and prevented a hostile take over. The same as when Wal-mart purchased ASDA. Of course you are right, how silly of me.

When the oil shortage really starts to bite in about 5 years time - that's when the gloves will come off.

joe

joe-90 said:
........When the oil shortage really starts to bite in about 5 years time - that's when the gloves will come off.
joe

If you are correct, I fear you may not be too far off the mark, and my plans come to fruition, we hope to be residing in a climate where neither heating nor cooling is a prority .. A big country with a relatively small population .. Not intent on 'ruling the world' nor charging it's populace the earth to attempt that impossibility ... WooHoo.

empip said:
joe-90 said:
........When the oil shortage really starts to bite in about 5 years time - that's when the gloves will come off.
joe

If you are correct, I fear you may not be too far off the mark, and my plans come to fruition, we hope to be residing in a climate where neither heating nor cooling is a prority .. A big country with a relatively small population .. Not intent on 'ruling the world' nor charging it's populace the earth to attempt that impossibility ... WooHoo.

As a dual UK/Oz citizen - see you on the Barrier Reef opposite the Danetree rain forest.

joe

Sponsored Links
Make it the Daintree ;) and yer on bluey !! Not that blu##y 'skyrail' (to and from Kuranda )which stops, leaving you bouncing and swinging in the four man pod, well high over crocy waters whilst an invalid is helped aboard at the previous station ! ooooer now that is tribulation ;) :D :D :D

Enjoy yourselves it is closer than you think ....

Ministerial drives to conserve energy have been fraught with difficulties. Last year the then Trade and Industry Secretary Patricia Hewitt's department was pictured with its lights blazing all night after she announced a drive to encourage householders to save £1 billion a year by switching off theirs.
The latest scheme reflects a growing belief that energy targets can be met only by punitive measures. Earlier this year householders were warned that they faced a £1,000 fine for failing to recycle rubbish.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...8.xml&sSheet=/portal/2005/09/18/ixportal.html

Notso far into the future .. this country could be modern 3rd world.
The cost of subsistence level for an individual could be onerous, this will divert funds from other projects and we all know who this will hit ... Today, may very well be the tail end of the halcyon days.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4402448.stm

:rolleyes:

You'd better leave soon then, or there may not be enough fuel to get you there.

Pip if you think things are much better down under you better think again.

One of the countries which will be radically affected by global warming is Australia and most of the country will become inhabitable

Freddie said:

One of the countries which will be radically affected by global warming is Australia and most of the country will become inhabitable

I imagine much of it is uninhabitable now ... But I'll take my chances.
I fear the energy crisis, I have the gut feeling that it is here and happening now, but nevertheless a lengthy process ...
When major companies fall into problems due to gas prices ... I am concerned, because I know who will eventually come first in the pecking order for energy.
A couple of years back who would have thought prices would escalate so much in such a short time? Being cynical I suppose they who supply are ensuring that they pull the same dosh when fat John has his 'home inspectorate Nazis' on the case and we are cut to a coupla hours gas per day..

I am willing to bet on Oz falling in the mire after us, after all, as an example 92p now for a gal of LPG is pretty good, food is good and cheap... They are pretty resourceful and seem to do some good stuff with only 10 million at work ... I guess they just do not have the 'hangers on', 'worldly guilt' or even 'delusions of grandeur' to support and satisfy...
Anyway how many years do I have left? 15 - 20 perhaps .. Nobody lives forever...
:cool:

Freddie said:

By the time global warming affected the planet to that extent every major city in the World would be under water, and Britain would be in the grip of an ice age. No crops would grow and life would almost cease to exist.
I don't see my long term future in the UK. We've lived in a fool's paradise this past 30 years - and the party is about to end.

joe

joe-90 said:
has anyone ever considered that the fuel crisis could arise over night?

China needs oil. ompany could well be BP.
Would then be called CRAP Chinese Retail and Petroleum ( production co.inc suppliers to the world ) and would be sold to us through bright yellow pumps and called Peril petrol........"the yellow peril" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nige F said:
joe-90 said:
has anyone ever considered that the fuel crisis could arise over night?

China needs oil. ompany could well be BP.
Would then be called rubbish Chinese Retail And Petroleum and would be sold to us through bright yellow pumps and called Peril petrol........"the yellow peril" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Thankyou autocensor for the use of crap

petewood said:
Most of it is already uninhabited.

I think thats it people only see the " neighbours " sde of Australia the rest of it looks like a right hole and will get worse.

Admin had better do something about the auto-censor, given the right circumstances, calling the Chinese "rubbish" could start a war :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back