Energy crisis.

Any company that floats on the stock market can be bought. They already own Rover. Why do you say it couldn't happen?

joe

Sponsored Links
Rover was not strategically important. BP is a different matter.

oilman said:
Rover was not strategically important. BP is a different matter.

But I'm asking you why you are so sure a floated stock market company cannot be bought.

joe

Have a bit of sense, do you think that even the apparently dopey government could not see the problems of BP being bought by the Chinese? Someone would have to SELL so they could buy, and if that possibility arose, the USA would start another military action to protect their oil supplies.

Now stop just being alarmist for the sake of it, and stop your agressive "but I'm asking you ..(whatever it is you have now twisted the original question into) ". Closely followed, no doubt by "....so you haven't got an answer, so I've won again" responses.

Sponsored Links
So are you saying that BP can be bought or it cannot? What is to stop the Chinese trading on the stock market and buying a controlling interest in the company. Their money is just as good as anyone elses isn't it? Are you saying that Britain can illegally block a Chinese takeover? You can see where that one will end can't you? Do the Chinese want to buy an oil company? Do a Google and see.

joe

BP still is 49% owned by UK Gov PLC as far as I am aware, they only sold 51% of the Company, and to buy that 51% would take something like £15 Billion..

Big_Spark said:
BP still is 49% owned by UK Gov PLC as far as I am aware, they only sold 51% of the Company, and to buy that 51% would take something like £15 Billion..

That's peanuts for a country that supplies the world with just about everything you can name. It would use the oil to manufacture products and sell them to the West - and earn far more than the £15 billion needed.

joe

You're right of course joe, but then you always are, you're a great man (in your own mind) and you've won again. Well done.

oilman said:
You're right of course joe, but then you always are, you're a great man (in your own mind) and you've won again. Well done.

Thank you very much.

joe

joe-90 said:
oilman said:

Thank you very much.

joe

Joe if you own the controlling interest 51% then you have the say, so i dont want to sell to Sammy Chung ok!

Even i have to say you are an ar-sehole this time.

perhaps the recent takeover of manchester united football club plc could help in this argument and the slow hard struggle the glaziers had in buying the club outright, they owned the majority of shares early on but still had to reach a certain target before they could force the other sharholders to sell up.

joe-90 said:
Big_Spark said:

That's peanuts for a country that supplies the world with just about everything you can name. It would use the oil to manufacture products and sell them to the West - and earn far more than the £15 billion needed.

joe

Joe, How old are you and what experience do you have of business....

I am sure those doing take-overs of companies would love it to be so simple, but it is far from.

The 51% in public hands is spread amongst THOUSANDS of share holders. and it would only take a small percentage of these to say NO to the sale to block the takeover, and the Government, unless it has given it up, has a compulsory buy back option on all shares for BP. If your British and own shares, the Government can effectively compulsory purchase your shares at current prices and to refuse would be a criminal offence.

This is a daft discussion and best left alone, Joe, your talking twaddle so simply leave it .

Freddie said:
empip said:
brussels sprouts new laws and supposed protections by the day, tell that to the people being screwed in Spain where home building and selling allowed to progress without planning permission, illegally, then bulldozed, after purchase of course ... If ever there was a scam this must be the mother of it.
Ok buyers may appear silly, but how many of us have been given the old spiel, which turns out to be bullcr ap legally? Even worse when in a foreign language I am sure.
:cool: :D :cool: :cry:

Nobody forces you to go live in Spain though Pip, and i'm sure the Daigo's dont have the monopoly on scam's, but what's that got to do with the enviroment and oil shortage.?
It was relating to rules, laws etc in Euroville ... Of course no one is forced to live there, but if allowing huge complexes to be worked on illegally then only putting the blocks on after sale and occupation .. says S C A M to me.
I am thinking all these Johnny F's are busy helping make the plethora of laws emanating from Brussells, then when at home, stick that book of words on the shelf and forget about it... Whereas we have to toe the line, that is how it 'feels' ... true or false.. Hence concerns over Gas supply etc Don't trust the bu##ers, anyway why should we trust them..?
;)

next thing they'll be saying that all the leaders of the EU are members of the prieure de sion! ;)

kendor said:
next thing they'll be saying that all the leaders of the EU are members of the prieure de sion! ;)

Any ideas on the 'treasure of Solomon' then? I bet there are so many 'funny handshakers' in Euroland they probably have to test 'em all on striking new acquaintance..
:D :D

Sponsored Links
Back