Engineers ha ha

I think it would be better if admin could make it so the whole post is removed when started by someone who is in your blocked list.

Sponsored Links
Don't worry, I hadn't ;)

Though I am surprised that not many have added the OP to their ignore list. Maybe they live in the hope that, in one of his guises, he might come up with something worth saying. :eek: :eek:

I reckon he's the only one that thinks that! :D

I still reckon all engineering is fiddling; though all fiddling is not engineering ;)

One of the first things they teach you on the plumbing course (NVQ level 2 Heating and vent) is that plumbing and heating is not considered to be a part of the building trade, it is widely accepted as an engineering trade.
I'm not saying thats right, but it is what they teach you.

Sponsored Links
I've got a Harrison Vertical Mill a Harrison L5 Lathe a greet big floor standing pillar drill that wouldn't look out of place in Fred Dibnar's shed, I design and build valve amplifiers with bottles that were used on Ark Royal for fun, and I can fix boilers.

None of which is work that you would expect an Engineer to carry out.

Since I engineer things I'll call myself an engineer thanks and I don't care what you think.

You call yourself whatever you like. It tells me that you do not know what an Engineer does.

I'm a qualified first-aider (well I was before my ticket expired :LOL: ). Should I call myself a Doctor?

Onetap wrote

None of which is work that you would expect an Engineer to carry out

You have an over inflated opinion of yourself. :rolleyes:

It tells me that you do not know what an Engineer does.

And what does an Engineer do ?.
I hope you don't call yourself an Engineer. :rolleyes:
Lets face it you wouldn't know one end of a Harrison Vertical Mill from the other.

It tells me that you do not know what an Engineer does.

What does an engineer do btw? Apart from engineer things that is. ;)

For example would you say a taylor was an engineer (of fabric of course)? I would.
What does a plumber do with copper pipe after he has figured out how his heating system will be installed?

Of course each to his own as far as what makes an Engineer, but what power a little word holds! :D

inland revenue call me a plumbing and heating engineer, and i aint going to argue with them. :rolleyes:

I have to admit it really irritates me when people descibe themselves as engineers when they are clearly not. In the rest of Europe its illegal to call yourself an engineer unless you actually are. Same goes in Canada.

No disrespect to plumbers etc but you ain't engineers.

I didn`t call my self an engineer .
It was on a bit of paper i got back in 82 from city and guilds that called me a gas service engineer and having dealt with people who have another wee bit of paper that calls them engineers after 3 years at a big school doing about 16 hours a week of education. I know who usually knows how things work in the real world of work

There was a famous person (so famous I can't remember who, possibly Noel Coward) whose Passport gave his occupation as "Gentleman".

Which reminds me of the sign in the WC on British Railway trains which said: "Gentlemen Lift the Seat." Is this an Instruction, a Definition, or a Toast?

I have seen how you become a real engineer,as my brother is a real engineer and is soon hoping to impress enough to make nasa offer him a job
If he does, I'll be on his interview panel ... Tell him not to bother.

MW the Engineer

Sponsored Links
Back