ENJOY

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do you ever feel irrationaly annoyed when someone tell's you to enjoy after serving you with food.

Sponsored Links
Yes, but on the other hand I feel irrationally annoyed most of the time! :)

Do you ever feel irrationaly annoyed when someone tell's you to enjoy after serving you with food.
It`s not irrational :idea: If you were at a 5* hotel with a Michelin starred chef - then it would be a courtesy extended by the waiter . It`s been hijacked by every cheapo carvery - That is a real annoyance :evil:

Sponsored Links
As long as you "Have a nice day" why worry? :)

As long as you "Have a nice day" why worry? :)

This is the one that gets me annoyed! :evil:

And I don't think its irrational! The person saying it doesn't give a jack s**t if you don't have a nice day!

In my local they also have the habit of calling everyone "guys" when serving food even when half of the people around the table are clearly female :rolleyes:

I particularly hate the staff who repeatedly ask you (during your meal) if "everything's all right?" (and start walking off before you've even had a chance to answer). I wonder just what they'd say if just once someone said "No, this meal is atrocious,,, fetch the manager." ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I've heard all that "Is everything alright" and "Have a nice day" stuff and it doesn't bother me much. What really does bother me is the tele-sales pest who, having established your name, begins with the line "How are you today?" as if (s)he gives a tuppenny dicky bird! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Well I heard something i've never before heard in a restaurant last weekend. Place closed at 8pm, we finished our main courses at about 7:20pm. The waiter came to take our plates and asked if we'd like dessert. We said we would, to which he said "ah..well, the kitchen kinda closes after the last main course is sent, out so the kitchen is closed now, so there's not much choice of desserts. Basically you can only have what I can make you myself". We looked at one another around the table, looked at him and replied "Er... we'll probably leave it then."

Quite apart from being annoyed that the kitchen closes over half an hour before the restaurant does - why on earth did he ask if we wanted dessert, knowing full well that we couldn't have one?? Or did he seriously expect us to pay £5+ for something rustled up by a waiter in between clearing tables.... Although I am now curious as to what was on the list of desserts he could have prepared for us. Angel Delight maybe...?

Sponsored Links
Back