• Properly cooked fried eggs ham and chips

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • McDonalds

• Vegetarian / vegan

• Total voters
Sponsored Links
Depends when you went to HR. HR was sold to Whitbread (?) a long time ago. Long time ago, HR used to cook their chips in beef dripping (lard if you must) The original HR in Guiesley, now gone, served excellent fish n chips, they are of course carp now. And yes you can get lousy chips anywhere.
Yeah, went to Guiesley, took an American pal over to experience fish, chips and mushy peas. The only HR I've been in, and none of us could eat the meal. My American pal was particularly appalled by mushy peas :) Eaten (well, chips anyway) in the few chippies up in Yorkshire that don't use lard, Ilkley, (the only) one in Leeds, and Guiesley and found them all to be mushy, oily and not much flav. Edinburgh, Glasgow and Blackpool were the same. Had many a bag of chip as a kid down south, fluffy, crispy on the outside and not soggy. How they should be!

I don't eat meat and it may not be a Sunday, but I try to do a roast chicken meal every week.
A few vegetarians on here then, nice to see :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Never ever had good fish n chips down south, and sadly quite rarely up north as well. Never had fish & chips from ilkley, which is a bit odd as it's where my parents live (maybe theyre rubbish! The fish n chips that is, I'll hold my own counsel regarding my parents :D)

Sponsored Links
Nice :) Spent a few afternoons walking around the Cow and Calf a few years back when lived up North. And stopped on way back from doing the same in Ingleton. Nice part of the world indeed.

Yeah, it's a nice part of the country for certain. My family come from there. Could happily live there... when of course my parents have departed :D

Best ever kebab I had was from a van. But then I was in my 20's and w******d.

Oh it didn't end well as I remember, I woke up the next morning with my legs on the outside of the door, body inside, keys still in the lock and the now cold remnants of said kebab tantalising out of reach in the hallway. Ahh, joys of youth!

Last edited by a moderator:
Best ever kebab I had was from a van. But then I was in my 20's and w******d.

Oh it didn't end well as I remember, I woke up the next morning with my legs on the outside of the door, body inside, keys still in the lock and the now cold remnants of said kebab tantalising out of reach in the hallway. Ahh, joys of youth!
Don't all kebabs have to be eaten while w******d in order for them to taste any good? :)

Sponsored Links
Back