Votes: 1 3.7%
  • McDonalds

• Vegetarian / vegan

• Total voters
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Anyone cracked making egg fried rice? Trick is to spread it out and leave it in the fridge for an hour or just leave it on the worktop for couple of hours to dry off the excess moisture before frying.

Yes, that's the trick for sure. I rinse it under a cold tap, as soon as it's finished cooking, then leave it in the fridge for half hour. Rice should be cooled down quick because of the risk of food poisoning.

I know reheated rice can make you ill but if cooled fairly quickly it can usually be left overnight in the fridge. I've had many TA leftovers the next day and survived. :cool:

Anyone cracked making egg fried rice? Trick is to spread it out and leave it in the fridge for an hour or just leave it on the worktop for couple of hours to dry off the excess moisture before frying.
Use a shallow dish, like a frying pan over the heat, or a wok for authenticity.
Make a dish shape in the middle with the rice, crack the egg into this dish shape, when it's partly cooked, as it's cooking, chop it up, mix it up, and make it nice. Pop goes the weasel!
Add some peas, sweetcorn, chopped peppers and stuff if you want.

Found a local place that does chicken tikka kebabs, that's tomorrow's tea sorted for me at least. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Back