Ethical dilemma

I wonder if he owns a mouse trap?

Suppose he has no need, not with all them cats running round killing said harmless mice. Oh, the anxiety that must cause him. Poor little mice, allowed to live, uncontrolled yet openly attacked by a mangy tomcat.

Sponsored Links
Now he's splitting hairs. He doesn't actually feed the animals so he's, not the one using the meat.
Why peaps, I bet you don't lift a finger to help these animals, and yet claim to be the most compassionate animal lover in the universe (ok I know you didn't actually say that, but it's called sarcasm, get used to it)

Not splitting at hairs, just trying to get people to understand the ethics I try to live by.

You make wild assumptions get put in the right direction then drop it like a hot brick. You have been pulled up on many things but never came back, wonder why...

I wonder if he owns a mouse trap?

Suppose he has no need, not with all them cats running round killing said harmless mice. Oh, the anxiety that must cause him. Poor little mice, allowed to live, uncontrolled yet openly attacked by a mangy tomcat.

Don't forget about the birds!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Whose side are you on in this dialogue? And can you justify your allegiance?

OP: There’s no point in arguing with you, I’ll never win.

PEAPS: No, because I’m right!

OP: Not because of that, because you’re better at arguing than me.

PEAPS: Eh? You’re not stupid. If I’m wrong, you should be able to show that I’m wrong. If you can’t, then saying I’m better at arguing than you is just another of saying I’m right and you’re wrong!

OP: Not at all. Just because you can construct better arguments than me, that doesn’t mean you’re right. People can construct very good arguments for false positions.

PEAPS: Sure they do, but if we’re committed to rational debate, then you surely have to accept whatever the best argument leads you to. You wouldn’t say “There’s no point arguing with you, your evidence is better than mine”. If I have better evidence, you should agree with me; likewise if I have better arguments.

OP: It’s not quite the same. If the evidence supports one theory better than another, then we both have good reasons for accepting that. But the strength of arguments depends much more on the strength of the arguer. For example, I bet if you wanted to, you could beat me in almost any argument, even if you chose to defend a position you thought was false.

PEAPS: I’m not sure about that! But even if it’s true, you’ve got a problem. I assume you think that as a rational person, you should accept whatever position has the best arguments in favour of it?

OP: I guess so.

PEAPS: Well better arguments are bound to come from people who are better arguers! So you can’t just refuse to accept what I say on the basis that I’m better at arguing than you.

OP: I still think I’m on to something here, but, as usual, right now, you have the better argument.

PEAPS: Because I’m right!

OP: Because you’re the better arguer – it’s not the same.

I've never seen a climb down of this kind before :LOL:

I'm speechless :mrgreen:

Your speechless? Hmphhh I think the rest of us are speechless at your diatribes about animals. You admit that the dogs and cats eat meat,,,,, "But that's alright, I don't feed them!". Obviously someone feed them.
The meat has to come from somewhere that exploits animals for food.. "But that's alright,, I don't buy it."
Any treatment the animals need, is more than likely based upon research using animals,,, "But that's alright,,, I don't pay for the treatment."

Surely the most blatant application of double standards since MP's got elected.

You yourself benefit form animal exploitation, from your enjoyment of the animals.

But that's alright,,, I don't own the animals."

Your speechless? Hmphhh I think the rest of us are speechless at your diatribes about animals. You admit that the dogs and cats eat meat,,,,, "But that's alright, I don't feed them!". Obviously someone feed them.
The meat has to come from somewhere that exploits animals for food.. "But that's alright,, I don't buy it."
Any treatment the animals need, is more than likely based upon research using animals,,, "But that's alright,,, I don't pay for the treatment."

Surely the most blatant application of double standards since MP's got elected.

You yourself benefit form animal exploitation, from your enjoyment of the animals.

But that's alright,,, I don't own the animals."

You lost the argument long ago.

I offer a place to house the animals for a couple of rescues. They pay for the food and medical bills etc Two volunteers do all the feeding and crap lifting with the help of my wife and daughter. My daughter eats meat by the way :eek:

Try some other avenue kid you are getting slaughtered, still waiting for you to come back on the ALF theory you have and the mink lib posts ;)

You only live a few miles down the A38/A50 depending on what route, come up and see for yourself.

Not splitting at hairs, just trying to get people to understand the ethics I try to live by.

One minute you say you keep rescue dogs on a meat diet, when it's pointed out that violates your animal rights philosophy you ask for proof that you were the one that feeds them. If that isn't splitting hairs I don't know what is.

Maybe you can tell us what happens with your rescue dogs. Whether you buy meat from a farm or maybe you pick up roadkill or natural death meat from the fields, in which case it would not violate your philosophy. But simply saying "I'm not the one that puts the meat down to my dogs" isn't exactly a masterstroke of genious deflection mate sorry. :D

One minute you say you keep rescue dogs on a meat diet, when it's pointed out that violates your animal rights philosophy you ask for proof that you were the one that feeds them. If that isn't splitting hairs I don't know what is.

Maybe you can tell us what happens with your rescue dogs. Whether you buy meat from a farm or maybe you pick up roadkill or natural death meat from the fields, in which case it would not violate your philosophy. But simply saying "I'm not the one that puts the meat down to my dogs" isn't exactly a masterstroke of genious deflection mate sorry. :D

Yes we do rescue dogs, you have an explanation how this happens. So no it doesn't violate the AR philosophy I try to live by. You just make assumptions based on a lack of info.

So please tell me what part do I violate and how. Put some effort into it or we will keep going over the same old ground.

I've never seen a climb down of this kind before

Who,s climbing down.

OP: Because you’re the better arguer – it’s not the same

Take your time, read it again, slowly. Try your very best you might see your self.

I would dread to be locked in a room with you, especially if the captor had asked us to discus the colour white.

Im convinced by the end of the day you would have convinced your self the actual color was black.
Me im thick because I would still see it as white.

Yes theres arguments but in your case your always right. :!:

Well you convince your self that you are ;)

Padded cell comes to mind.

You lost the argument long ago. (don't think so)

I offer a place to house the animals for a couple of rescues. They pay for the food and medical bills etc Two volunteers do all the feeding and crap lifting with the help of my wife and daughter.

So you don't lift a finger for these poor rescued animals?? How kind. Let others do all the graft and you reap the praise for offering your dwelling to house them.

You only live a few miles down the A38/A50 depending on what route, come up and see for yourself.

I'd love to, but wouldn't want to spend all day listening to you going on about animal rights, animal exploitation, animal research etc, etc all day.

Peaps, what would happen to your rescue dogs if animals had rights?

I've never seen a climb down of this kind before

Who,s climbing down.

OP: Because you’re the better arguer – it’s not the same

Take your time, read it again, slowly. Try your very best you might see your self.

I would dread to be locked in a room with you, especially if the captor had asked us to discus the colour white.

Im convinced by the end of the day you would have convinced your self the actual color was black.
Me im thick because I would still see it as white.

Yes theres arguments but in your case your always right. :!:

Well you convince your self that you are ;)

Padded cell comes to mind.

I guess you need to read more into what you wrote yourself. You excuse your lack of ability to argue (discuss or debate) as an excuse that you are right!!!!???? As it stands ethics is something you can't finger with fact, philosophical debates can go on for years because of this.

You and a couple of others make wild statements, pathetically in the hunting thread, that can be backed up by fact but you still choose to ignore them. I have had nothing from you that has made me sit up and think, get me out of my lazy discussion mode. Same old mantra from hunters who know nothing about wildlife or the country, they just enjoy hunting and will defend it to the end regardless what facts they are presented with.

Cry me a river.

So you don't lift a finger for these poor rescued animals?? How kind. Let others do all the graft and you reap the praise for offering your dwelling to house them.

Don't get me wrong again, I won't have then in my house but it's enough for me to pay for travel costs and heating, bedding etc because after all it's my back that breaks. I don't want any praise, it's not about me it's about the 126 animals that have gone through this place to go on to live their life out happy. To me that's priceless.

I'd love to, but wouldn't want to spend all day listening to you going on about animal rights, animal exploitation, animal research etc, etc all day.

You won't have to, problem with you is you think people like me eat, sleep and **** animal rights. I now keep a very low profile, best way. I would spend 5 mins showing you around then show you my radio room and talk amateur radio crap to you for the rest of the day ;)

Sponsored Links
Back