EU Elections 2019

Sponsored Links
I don’t think you can read anything in to this other than people are fed up with not getting on with brexit. The consequences of switching my Tory vote on this election were none.

Not sure you tell me. They both did very well a cross the EU. Can you tell me why?
Because under PR people feel that their vote actually counts, unlike under FPTP...

Simples :)

Sponsored Links
Because under PR people feel that their vote actually counts, unlike under FPTP...

Simples :)

Agreed. We know what the Brexit party stand for and why people voted for them.
The Reamain party's did just as well as the Brexit party

But they were protest votes

Green Party are a little confused what they stand for

Brexit and UKIP 35%

Lib, Green and ChangeUK 35%
Don't forget SNP and PC.
If the referendum was a UK wide exercise, you need to consider all the Remain parties.

Anti-Brexit parties - those wholeheartedly in favour of another referendum - collectively took about 40% of the vote, compared with 35% for the two parties in favour of leaving the EU without a deal.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48417228
and
Nigel Farage's party secured a resounding victory in its own right, but grouped by their positions on Brexit, parties opposed to the UK's exit from the EU secured more votes than those advocating a hard Brexit.

_107120347_pro_anti_brexit_v2_640-nc.png

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48403131
Also, it was a EU wide election and
The new European Parliament will be broadly pro-EU but also fractured, making law-making and change difficult. Just when Europe's voters are screaming for change.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48420024
Although the new EU parliament will be pro-EU, it will be comprised of smaller parties, as voters across Europe have deserted the big parties for the various smaller parties. Sometimes going for an outright pro-EU party such as the Lib Dems and Greens. To a lesser extent to the Nationalist parties, promising less immigration and more power to National governments.

Nigel Farage's party secured a resounding victory in its own right, but grouped by their positions on Brexit, parties opposed to the UK's exit from the EU secured more votes than those advocating a hard Brexit.

Agreed.

But all these party's don't speak as one voice. Disagree on most else apart from Brexit.

Agreed.

But all these party's don't speak as one voice. Disagree on most else apart from Brexit.
As the Brexit party are a single issue party, your comment is irrelevant.

Agreed. We know what the Brexit party stand for and why people voted for them.
The Reamain party's did just as well as the Brexit party
Thus the tories and labour now need to come out with a definitive position...

But they were protest votes
Which contradicts an earlier post of yours...

Green Party are a little confused what they stand for
I'm not confused what they stand for, and nor are they...

They got a larger share of the vote because under PR they got MEP seats.

Their increased percentage (mainly because of younger voters apparently) wouldn't have changed their representation in a UK parliamentary election, so in a UK GE their share of the vote will plummet again...

The only conclusion is that the UK is undemocratic!

As the Brexit party are a single issue party, your comment is irrelevant.

I was working on the building that houses Ukips offices a few years back.
I see Nigel Farage on the phone outside. I missed him but after his call I wanted to say to him that he needed to tell us more about his other policies and less about immigration.

If the Torys vote in a remainer PM then there will be defections. Same with the Labour Party, once they lay there cards on the table.

I agree I want to see more of what they stand for. But this is what he is getting right this time round

I'm not confused what they stand for, and nor are they...

They got a larger share of the vote because under PR they got MEP seats.

Their increased percentage (mainly because of younger voters apparently) wouldn't have changed their representation in a UK parliamentary election, so in a UK GE their share of the vote will plummet again...

The only conclusion is that

I asked a green campaigner what their policy was on cars on our roads.
More eco friendly cars but ultimately less cars on our roads.

How about cheap air travel?
Heavily tax it.

How do you stand on building on the Green belt
Totally opposed to it.

Where do you stand on free movement of people
More the Merryer.

Are you going to stop them from driving. Or just allow those who can afford and eco friendly cars.
Are they going to be able to afford to visit their homeland.

Where are these people gong to live.

Coff coff. No answer

Anyway this was a clear opportunity for remainers to back Lib dems to send a clear remain message. But it seems more people were concerned about green issues and less about voting remain. (Yes green indicated remain also before you get a semi over correcting me). Or the remainers just couldn't make up their minds? Where have I heard that before hmm.
Meanwhile the anti tory party got an absolute pasting..slim fast Watson crying for change whilst Corbyn is still focused on uniting the people :D

Corbyns days are numbered.
These results im sure have prompted the next tory PM to crank up their rhetoric on a no compromise Brexit approach.

I don’t think you can read anything in to this other than people are fed up with not getting on with brexit.

You're right, you don't think.

How many people voted for the pro-EU parties?

We can only go by official party policy
which is clearly Remain for SNP, Plaid, Green, LDems, ChUK

Sponsored Links
Back