even the Spectator wades in

Nice try Notchy but no cigar. :mrgreen:

There's clearly some part of that you don't understand but never mind. As you were.:LOL:
Ceres claims what I wrote is garbage, but is unable to back up his claim.

clearly Ceres is a brexit voter and his argument falls down the second he is challenged.

Sponsored Links
that is a whole different argument, one that should not be conflated with EU membership fee..
I'll admit I used them as arbitrary examples but the fact is they have been reckless with their spending. I'll also admit this crisis is devastating for almost every country in the World. I do however think we have enough of a worry with our own financial burden and, quite selfishly, would prefer that my children do not have to repay money borrowed because of it although that might be inevitable. :(

I don't agree that our country should pay for countries such as Italy and Greece to allow massively over generous early retirement packages. Our country is only regarded as so wealthy because we have not been reckless with our spending.
What total carp!

Countries in the EU are free to set their own tax rates and prioritise their spending accordingly.

What you should be saying is why does the UK subsidise the corporates and rich individuals whilst allowing miserly late retirement packages and a persecuting welfare state!

What you seem to want is a 'race to the bottom'!

Sponsored Links
What you should be saying is why does the UK subsidise the corporates and rich individuals whilst allowing miserly late retirement packages and a persecuting welfare state!

What you seem to want is a 'race to the bottom'!
Why should I be saying that?! I didn't even mention our welfare state so keep that carp to yourself rather that casting aspersions, I'd rather keep a little more of our money in our country, nothing wrong with helping our own.

Its rather sad the way brexiteers are so desperate for validation, they keep on whining "The EU is about to collapse" .....they've been saying it for decades

ps you clearly do give a flying fook -its why you've posted such a rant

Yes I get it.... Thanks for voting Brexit....

I'll admit I used them as arbitrary examples but the fact is they have been reckless with their spending. I'll also admit this crisis is devastating for almost every country in the World. I do however think we have enough of a worry with our own financial burden and, quite selfishly, would prefer that my children do not have to repay money borrowed because of it although that might be inevitable. :(

So debt matters now. Well you should have realised that in the last 40 years od neo liberal economic policies that drove up debt both public and private. Now tell me who has been in power for the last 40 years.

So debt matters now. Well you should have realised that in the last 40 years od neo liberal economic policies that drove up debt both public and private. Now tell me who has been in power for the last 40 years.
The last time I voted Labour Tony Blair was in government, debt dropped off, Gordon Brown took over and there was a huge increase and it hasn't moved much since. I was too young to know much about politics in the Thatcher years but given debt dropped off under her government too, I can't help but believe that not swaying to far left or right is the best balance.

Define exactly who you mean by 'our own'.

And yet you are advocating a far right policy!
Paying the money to our own pensioners would be a good start, be nice if they could retire a little younger with a little more to spend. I don't regard wanting to leave the EU as far right, I'm part Dutch and pro European just not pro EU as an institution (in its current form at least), so again, stop casting aspersions.

Paying the money to our own pensioners would be a good start, be nice if they could retire a little younger with a little more to spend. I don't regard wanting to leave the EU as far right, I'm part Dutch and pro European just not pro EU as an institution (in its current form at least), so again, stop casting aspersions.
So how far do you think the £8bn contributions per annum in total would go given that the current UK bill for our paltry pensions is just shy of £100bn?

But wasn't that money anyway promised to the NHS, along with all the EU subsidies that were going to be maintained after brexit?

Seems to me that the cake has been promised to be eaten many times over!

And supporting nationalism is in itself a far right policy.
Along with the consequences that will affect the vast majority whilst benefiting the few.

Thus not 'casting aspersions', merely stating fact!

Edit: You should have gone to the Netherlands if your are worried about pensioners. Their pension scheme is one of the most generous and best funded one in the world!

So how far do you think the £8bn contributions per annum in total would go given that the current UK bill for our paltry pensions is just shy of £100bn?

But wasn't that money anyway promised to the NHS, along with all the EU subsidies that were going to be maintained after brexit?

Seems to me that the cake has been promised to be eaten many times over!

And supporting nationalism is in itself a far right policy.
Along with the consequences that will affect the vast majority whilst benefiting the few.

Thus not 'casting aspersions', merely stating fact!

Edit: You should have gone to the Netherlands if your are worried about pensioners. Their pension scheme is one of the most generous and best funded one in the world!
My family are from The Netherlands so are you saying I should leave your country? Also it is The EU as money wasting gravy train whos funds are distributed in proportions that don't always make sense that I am opposed to and maybe try Fidel Castro for nationalism if you want a left wing nationalistic example. Again, stop casting aspersions.......

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back