Expanded ULEZ

I must have misunderstood when you claimed London wasn't as polluted as other places. And was Not 1 of the most polluted places in the UK.

Disagreeing, is not the same as misunderstanding.

Anybody claiming a centre of population is not more polluted needs to be able to explain themselves better.

I've explained more than once.

You say "London" like it's all the same.

I've told you that it isn't.

If you broke a fingernail, would you think a full-body cast appropriate?

And that's just the logic part of the argument.

Sponsored Links
Will I, is more the question (y)
Rishy thinks that the tory win in hillingdon means the whole country is against ulez, the country generally doesn't give a flying f*ck about what happens in London, it cares about the state of the economy which is how he'll be judged at the next election. As Clinton said, it's the economy stupid.

Blup

Sponsored Links
I've explained more than once.

You say "London" like it's all the same.

I've told you that it isn't.

If you broke a fingernail, would you think a full-body cast appropriate?

And that's just the logic part of the argument.
Which part of London suffers little or no pollution. Such that it is not worth addressing .

Personally, as soon as I join the m25 I see and smell traffic pollution

Which part of London suffers little or no pollution. Such that it is not worth addressing .

Personally, as soon as I join the m25 I see and smell traffic pollution
Try Biggin Hill, Cudham, North Cray, Downe, High Elms, Chelsfield or any which use to be in Kent before London took over a few years ago.

For the avoidance of doubt this is pollution caused by vehicles that do not meet euro 6 diesel or euro 4 for petrol.

It’s clearly just a tax

For the avoidance of doubt this is pollution caused by vehicles that do not meet euro 6 diesel or euro 4 for petrol.

It’s clearly just a tax
It's pollution.
Whether you agree with ulez or not is a separate argument.
Unless you are saying we shouldn't address pollution.

Does anybody doubt vehicles add to pollution, and generally older dirtier ones are the worst.

It's pollution.

And, in a number of boroughs of the ULEZ, no more than a f@rt in a hurricane's worth.

Whether you agree with ulez or not is a separate argument.

No, it isn't: attempting to use a sledgehammer to crack a walnut (in some boroughs, a non-existent walnut at that) undermines the whole. Parts of which are valid, and worthwhile.

Unless you are saying we shouldn't address pollution.

There you go with your strawmen again.

And, in a number of boroughs of the ULEZ, no more than a f@rt in a hurricane's worth.

No, it isn't: attempting to use a sledgehammer to crack a walnut (in some boroughs, a non-existent walnut at that) undermines the whole. Parts of which are valid, and worthwhile.

There you go with your strawmen again.
It's your strawman.

All you are doing is arguing whether the ULEZ is the right way or not, to attack the pollution, or you think it is not worth attacking.
Unless you are suggesting it should not be addressed. Do you have a better system, if not the other choice is to just leave it as it is.

Can anybody deny traffic is not contributing to pollution, not just in London. Can anybody deny the sheer amount of traffic in London magnifies the problem.

If you want to attack me for wanting pollution reduced then carry on. I understand the Ulez, I don't like it, but I don't have a better system. Apart from charging every vehicle that enters, not just the older ones. But it is better than just ignoring pollution.

If only we had a national system that charged vehicles accordingly. Perhaps an annual charge based on emissions and the another based on usage. Probable too hard to implement. Oh wait…

Sponsored Links
Back