Extendable dog leads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Extendable dog leads really irritate me. What is the point of them?

If you have a dog on a lead, you shouldn't be letting it go and do what it wants. It's on a lead, you're the boss, it should be doing what you want.

It can still suddenly decide to run out on the road if the lead is extended.

And dogs like to be in front and lead the way, they like to think they are in control. If you let a dog think it is the boss, it can lead to all sorts of problems. You have to make sure it knows it is at the bottom of the pack.

I've got two dogs, and they both have normal leads. They walk quite happily by the side of me.

I think people who have these extendable dog leads are lazy - they can't be bothered to control or train their dogs properly.

Sponsored Links
I've got one of those leads, and your right, our lass is always pulling on the lead, i think she thinks she's the boss. better get a choker chain to keep her in control :LOL: :LOL:

We have an extendable dog lead - but the misses doesn't like to wear it in public :LOL: . No seriously now - I don't see how it makes much difference. It has a locking mechanism on it so you can control the length of the lead. Personally I don't see why you would have an issue with someone having an extendable dog lead? You bored?

Not so much bored, as needing a break from working out Dave Grohl drum patterns.

But why do you need to adjust the length of the lead?

Sponsored Links
there so ya dog can go and crap on someone elses land whilst you stand well away pretending you dont know whats it doing. I hate em too.

bikerm4 said:
there so ya dog can go and rubbish on someone elses land whilst you stand well away pretending you dont know whats it doing. I hate em too.

:D :D

I think extendable leads are generally for the incompetent owner who thinks Fido is a clever little chap (and in truth probably IS brighter than the owner) and should be allowed to run willy-nilly and the lead is there to satisfy the requirement to have a dog on a lead, forgetting about under control.

I don't like them leads either and people that keep dogs unless there working dogs should be shot, that would free up a few homes for visitors from overseas that would like to come and live here.
dogs **** all over the place and bark at people, just imagine if you went up to someone and started shouting at them aggressively like dogs do and then went and ****ed up against a lamp post, so how come dogs can get away with it?
I'm sorry guys but what do you want that dog for? cuddling? its just not healthy.

and why do you call them human names? surely you should call them something that they would call themselves like ggrigagarrshllgogogoh.

Richardp said:
ggrigagarrshllgogogoh.

That is a Welsh name, and you are a racist. Or should that be doggist?

What you describe are dogs who have irresponsible dog owners. My dogs do not behave like that. We trained them, you see.

I bet you enjoy dogging though, don't you?

Richardp said:
people that keep dogs unless there working dogs should be shot,
What give you the rights that you own the planet we live on above dogs?

Richardp said:
just imagine if you went up to someone and started shouting at them aggressively like dogs do and then went and p****d up against a lamp post,

You've never been to Northampton, have you? :LOL:

notb665 said:
Richardp said:
ggrigagarrshllgogogoh.

That is a Welsh name, and you are a racist. Or should that be doggist?

What you describe are dogs who have irresponsible dog owners. My dogs do not behave like that. We trained them, you see.

I bet you enjoy dogging though, don't you?

my god! you have more than one? whats wrong with you?

masona said:
Richardp said:
people that keep dogs unless there working dogs should be shot,
What give you the rights that you own the planet we live on above dogs?

dogs should live in their own doggy places, they don't like humans just your food, you could bring a tramp home and feed him and give him a tramps bed and he would pretend to love you just as much, but you could teach him to put up shelving and stuff, can your dog build shelves ? i think not. I don't want you to be cruel to your dog now you got it but hell its wrong.

Richardp said:
dogs s**t all over the place and bark at people, just imagine if you went up to someone and started shouting at them aggressively like dogs do and then went and p****d up against a lamp post, so how come dogs can get away with it?

The same way that the chav scum that roam the streets get away with it. :evil:

Dog crap should be cleaned up by the owner if they are responsible, maybe you should direct your anger at those dog owners that don't. Most dogs don't bark at people unless they are provoked or teased, again direct your anger at those that cause the dog to bark. A dog will continue to be loyal to its owner whether its fed or not, youre thinking of cats. ;)

I bet you have a pet of some description, so how about telling us what it is and justify its existence to us.

Tramps smell a hell of a lot more than dogs, thats why we don't keep them. My dog can strip wallpaper and it knows most of the tools in my box by name and will fetch them, can't get it to use the power drill yet though. :p

nstreet said:
Richardp said:
dogs s**t all over the place and bark at people, just imagine if you went up to someone and started shouting at them aggressively like dogs do and then went and p****d up against a lamp post, so how come dogs can get away with it?

The same way that the chav scum that roam the streets get away with it. :evil:

Dog rubbish should be cleaned up by the owner if they are responsible, maybe you should direct your anger at those dog owners that don't. Most dogs don't bark at people unless they are provoked or teased, again direct your anger at those that cause the dog to bark. A dog will continue to be loyal to its owner whether its fed or not, youre thinking of cats. ;)

I bet you have a pet of some description, so how about telling us what it is and justify its existence to us.

Tramps smell a hell of a lot more than dogs, thats why we don't keep them. My dog can strip wallpaper and it knows most of the tools in my box by name and will fetch them, can't get it to use the power drill yet though. :p

well thats it then! you got me! theres no way my tramp can strip wallpaper :LOL:
Hey! I'm only being playful some of my best friends are dogs.
we got 2 chooks and 2 guinea pigs although they are my grandsons but he won't mind me sharing them. :D

Sponsored Links
Back