Extending Network / Internet between 2 buildings

It's been a while since I researched solutions for these kinds of problems and I have built my own CANTENNAs and Satellite Dish High Gain Directional Antennas - great fun.

Before you decide I notice that your first statement mentioned that you were setting up a high speed Internet connection and wanted to share it, I assume that your parents will just want access to the Internet and not access to your Network.

I suppose the speed loss between Hard Wired and Wirelss is not really an issue as if you have a Fibre connection with BT Infinity / Virgin at say 50Mbps you'll still achieve more than that with Wireless (Sorry if I am out of date like I said). So its the simplest tidiest method but don't forget trouble free.

Whilst Wireless is the tidiest its also more prone to interference and hacking so check for local interference and make sure you whatever hardware you opt for is secure!!

If it were me I'd go for directional antennas with a secure connection, as long as there is no local interference.

Sponsored Links
Back