Extending TV power lead cable rating question

20 Aug 2019
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I'm wall mounting my TV, however the power lead is too short.

The current cable is H03VVH2-F 2x0.5mm2.

1. Can I attach 2x0.75mm2 cable to the original cable? The 2x0.75mm2 appears more readily available?

2. What is the best/suited junction-type connector for the cables?

Sponsored Links
To join the two pieces, it's something like this:


Well yes.

Of if it’s a figure of 8 connector, have a look on eBay to see if you can buy a complete length with connector and plug for a reasonable price to replace what you have now

Or if it's an IEC (kettle plug) type, you can buy longer versions of those, or IEC plugs to fit yourself - add a suitable length of 3 core, plus a 13amp plug.
Sponsored Links
Thanks, the cable is wired directly into the TV so no fig 8 connector or IEC.

I will have to cut the wire and extend using a connector I believe. I was just unsure whether a 0.5mm2 and.0.75mm2 wire can be mixed and connected together. I was unsure if this is a safe decision.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local