Exterior junction box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I need to replace a section of damaged cable outside in the garden. The damaged part is in the ground so I am going to add a junction box on the route and run a new length of cable (connecting at a new junction box). Currently the cable runs in 20mm conduit along a wall, through a 90 degree elbow, then down the wall into the ground. I would like to replace the 90 degree elbow with a junction box so I can join the cable here.

The following has a rubber gasket between the lid and box but I don't think it is suitable for exterior use, am I correct in my assumptions?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/81094...onduit/Rigid-Conduit/Terminal-Box-Angle-Black

If not, what do I need?

Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
You could use that, but you would need to glue the box to the conduit ends with Ega-weld. This should make it watertight. Use the gasket.

You will have limited room to do the joint in that box.

When removing the elbow, make sure you have enough length on the conduits to accept the angle box.

You can get a variety of weatherproof junction boxes that accept 20 mm fittings, but you will also require some bush ends to terminate the conduit to the box.

Have you got a non armoured cable running underground at the moment?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back