Face coverings.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got yours ready for tomorrow? We received a pair of masks in the post from our daughter today. :mrgreen:

74B0AC21-A4A7-46D8-8CFB-45F9F6B45FA9.jpeg

Sponsored Links
I've had one on all day.
And smashing down a 42 year old asbestos ceiling tomorrow.

Got yours ready for tomorrow? We received a pair of masks in the post from our daughter today. :mrgreen:

View attachment 192233
what is it ? it seems to have a blow past valve

thought the idea was to stop the wearer passing the virus on. for it to be use to yourself it would need to be p3

on another thought, should we be wearing pirate patches? as that would reduce the risk of catching it via our eyes by 50%

when out cycling if I pass a jogger I hold my breath for as long as poss and close one eye.

Be careful, that is just a dust mask.
Stops you emitting particles, which is good, but will not protect you.

Sponsored Links
Be careful, that is just a dust mask.
Stops you emitting particles, which is good, but will not protect you.

the blow-past-valve means it won't even do that. So it will neither protect him or anyone else. apart from that it is very good

Therefore an easy way to make that 100%.
you're just being silly now

They aught to make some suitable masks available. Best way to protect people that are more vulnerable for one reason or another. It's a bit difficult for people to maintain social distancing from what they buy in shops ;) especially on the chilled counters. Don't know why I used ;) as it isn't funny. It's probably a major cause of infections.

Some day they may realise that the E Asians do know what they are doing.

We also seem to have forgotten about the previously mentioned easier transmission in still air indoors as against outside. People at work and in any indoor situation other than where they actual live once inside - flat, not halls on the way to them - house etc

The valve seems to divert breath downwards. I suppose it may give others some protection in the event of coughing and sneezing. I wasn’t expecting to be able to walk freely around a Covid Ward with it!

The valve seems to divert breath downwards. I suppose it may give others some protection in the event of coughing and sneezing. I wasn’t expecting to be able to walk freely around a Covid Ward with it!
being serious for a second, yes I think you are correct, what comes out of the valve will not be spread everywhere like in a sneeze or cough, so it will help protect others, as for yourself, I think double layer of cotton catches 70+% so whatever yours is made from will probably be better than that.

I wish everyone was wearing what you have in supermarkets - sadly round here, very very few people are wearing masks.

I think a mask like that on all day would leave you with ear ache.

You should only wear a mask for limited periods and, if possible, change them often, (not really practical at the moment obviously).
The reason is, you are breathing stale, moist air into the fibres and this air will contain microbes, germs etc that your body can tolerate under normal conditions. However, if they are allowed to build up to an extent where you are breathing them back in, in an increased amount, they can actually be bad for you.
Try to imagine sitting in a closed room for 24-48 hours and realising when you come out just how fresh the outside air smells.

Sponsored Links
Back