Face mask information.

Sponsored Links
what's wrong with the title? Any covering is allow, not just actual face masks.

Plastic bag - chuck in the bag bag with the other bags!

I am following the 1 week rule. I shop every week (I drive to a nice quiet supermarket, usually after work on a Friday), wear builder's gloves when shopping, chuck all bags back in boot. Gloves live on a dashboard. Idea being, if I pick up any virus, hopefully it will die in the 7 days before the next shopping trip.

This is the problem with the face mask concept. While you reduce your droplet spread a bit, you are more likely to get Covid on a contaminated surface in a shop and then if you take your mask on and off while going in to shops without washing your hands, then you are more likely to contaminate your face.

At least with it being mandatory its something we all have to do and will not think about it too much.

Sponsored Links
Best option is to avoid public places as much as possible.

Remember, nothing has changed. The virus is still the same as it was in early March when only a few people in the UK had it.

This is the problem with the face mask concept. While you reduce your droplet spread a bit, you are more likely to get Covid on a contaminated surface in a shop and then if you take your mask on and off while going in to shops without washing your hands, then you are more likely to contaminate your face.

At least with it being mandatory its something we all have to do and will not think about it too much.
We are still supposed to use hand gels for that aren't we? I use it when I go into a shop and as soon as I leave/put bags in the boot, then wipe my keys!!
Best option is to avoid public places as much as possible.
Yep, that's what I do.

Just ordered one
upload_2020-7-14_13-35-31.jpeg

what's wrong with the title? Any covering is allow, not just actual face masks.

Plastic bag - chuck in the bag bag with the other bags!

I am following the 1 week rule. I shop every week (I drive to a nice quiet supermarket, usually after work on a Friday), wear builder's gloves when shopping, chuck all bags back in boot. Gloves live on a dashboard. Idea being, if I pick up any virus, hopefully it will die in the 7 days before the next shopping trip.

Such virtue. Well signaled :p

The mask is NOT to protect the wearer from being infected.

The mask is primarily to try and prevent the breath from an infected person ( the wearer ) infecting other people.

A person with no symptoms can be breathing out virus and infecting people nearby.

I heard a caller on the radio earlier saying "face masks aren't needed, it's just being done to control people"

there is a new pandemic: stupidity. It definitely started in America
I

The mask is primarily to try and prevent the breath from an infected person ( the wearer ) infecting other people.

A person with no symptoms can be breathing out virus and infecting people nearby.

Ergo, if everyone wears a mask, everyone is a bit safer.

Yes, it's why wearing masks needs to be a collective effort, it's about selfless action.

Such virtue. Well signaled :p
strange turn of phrase.

You disapprove of what he's doing?

Not at all. That's why I highlighted how virtuous the poster is and how clear he made it. Why is that strange?

Sponsored Links
Back