Face mask information.

Sponsored Links
Bristol must have low standards.
My work colleagues nephew's course was 5 years.
Though he never made it.

Of course they do. Apart from the uncomfortable fact it's one of the premiere veterinary universities in the country and world renowned.

Sponsored Links
So stay out of her way(y)
Rubbing past her shoulder while wearing a cut - up tee shirt is not going to do her any favours at all, regardless of what Bozza says(y)
It's not about that tho, it's about the being indoors where they now realise the virus hangs around in smaller particles in the air for a lot longer. So I can be out in my cut up t-shirt all I like (how do you KNOW?! :)) but keeping a social distance indoors is only part of it.
Besides, social distancing in supermarkets and shops has all but been abandoned where I am.

Is that different than other viruses - or any other kind of minute organism or particle?
Perhaps, perhaps not. But this disease seems to be pretty nasty and with long-lasting health problems for quite a few. *shrug*.

As I said, only time will tell if this helps stop a second influx into hospitals and keeps infection rate lower. I don't see what the big problem is, I really don't. I go shopping for 30 mins, about once a week, big deal. Don't really care if I have to wear a mask and to be honest, I find people who are moaning about it a bit pathetic.

Perhaps one day sooner those fab NHS people will have to stop wearing theirs too, if everyone does their bit. Especially those who are working in full PPE for 12 hour shifts, that really must be an inconvenience...

Again, how do you explain the 65,000 EXTRA deaths, over and above the normal amount.
Let's examine this:

Numerically it is 1 in 1,000 of the population.

The usual deaths are, I think, around 12,000 per week (more in Winter) and no major epidemics have happened in recent Winters (since 1968?) so the average figure, by the nature of averages, may be quite low.

Accepting the stated 45,000 covid deaths, that means another 20,000 from other causes - probably untreated other diseases.
People seem now to be saying the covid deaths are exaggerated so, maybe 32,500 of each or even worse.

Either way, something has gone wrong.

Perhaps, perhaps not. But this disease seems to be pretty nasty and with long-lasting health problems for quite a few. *shrug*.

As I said, only time will tell if this helps stop a second influx into hospitals and keeps infection rate lower. I don't see what the big problem is, I really don't. I go shopping for 30 mins, about once a week, big deal. Don't really care if I have to wear a mask and to be honest, I find people who are moaning about it a bit pathetic.

Perhaps one day sooner those fab NHS people will have to stop wearing theirs too, if everyone does their bit. Especially those who are working in full PPE for 12 hour shifts, that really must be an inconvenience...

You are entitled to your opinion, and I'm not knocking you for it.
I am just giving you my opinion that you are comparing apples with oranges.

NHS staff are wearing PPE (for the purpose of self - protection), whereas you / we are being told to wear a face covering, for the protection of others.

NHS staff are (hopefully) wearing kit that is fit for purpose. You / we most likely aren't.

NHS staff are (hopefully) trained to select, inspect, and wear their kit so that it actually works. You /we almost certainly aren't.

I could go on.

The big problem that you don't see is that, people being people, wearing an ineffective face covering will likely give the idiots a false sense of invincibility, such that they'll abandon the very things that actually kept everyone safe in the first place. Like fitting all cars with elastic seat belts, while simultaneously abandoning speed limits, drink - drive laws, road signs etc......

Accepting the stated 45,000 covid deaths, that means another 20,000 from other causes - probably untreated other diseases.

No it doesn't

With a fatal pandemic raging through the country, it most likely means another 20,000 deaths from people who were infected but not not tested.

You are entitled to your opinion, and I'm not knocking you for it.
I am just giving you my opinion that you are comparing apples with oranges.

NHS staff are wearing PPE (for the purpose of self - protection), whereas you / we are being told to wear a face covering, for the protection of others.

NHS staff are (hopefully) wearing kit that is fit for purpose. You / we most likely aren't.

NHS staff are (hopefully) trained to select, inspect, and wear their kit so that it actually works. You /we almost certainly aren't.

I could go on.

The big problem that you don't see is that, people being people, wearing an ineffective face covering will likely give the idiots a false sense of invincibility, such that they'll abandon the very things that actually kept everyone safe in the first place. Like fitting all cars with elastic seat belts, while simultaneously abandoning speed limits, drink - drive laws, road signs etc......
I do understand what you're saying - and that's why I said you can't teach some of the stupid ones.

From what I have seen for the last few weeks is that social distancing has gone, they've already abandoned the safety net.. I went to a cheap shop the other day to stock up on cheaper mealworm and it was packed full. No shops seem to be limiting the numbers going in anymore, I've not seen one way systems and there's no social distancing at all. Why not wear a mask? At least it may turn out to be helpful, time will tell.

Ps - I'm not really comparing apples and oranges, I mentioned the NHS only as to hopefully we will knock this infection down in numbers so low that loads of staff will no longer have to wear PPE and wards that were turned into ICU can go back to normal. But I seriously think it's a combined effort to ever get there, no vaccine yet... I also think that the long term illnesses/recovery will cost the NHS loads - the more that get infected, the more it costs.

No it doesn't

With a fatal pandemic raging through the country, it most likely means another 20,000 deaths from people who were infected but not not tested.
Ok.

So it is 65,000 covid deaths. No deaths from delayed treatment. No mystery, then.

Presumably, later on there will be fewer deaths than average.

Sponsored Links
Back