Fairy Liquid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Says on the bottle it's harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Are we killing off our fish by doing the washing up? Surprised no-one has produced a more eco-friendly product.

Sponsored Links
Mrs Notch and I use ecover washing up liquid.

Detergents like fairy arentnparticularly good for humans or fish!

Mind you ecover is more expensive and doesnt clean as well..........

Sponsored Links
Fairy.jpg

I just got two bottles of Ecover refilled at our local hippy/organic shop for about the same price that Tesco sells it for a new bottle. Its the only thing I get there, but it saves using more plastic when we don't need to. It gets the dishes clean, which is what you want.

Ecover has been around for years and does a acceptable job, it's your choice dead fish or slightly less shiny plates.

Years ago they used to use fairy liquid in heating systems as a bodge if the boiler was ketteling . dare say thousands of gallons of the stuff has been dumped in systems eventually it tends to coagulate into lumps .

It used to work as well

If you live in a sandy soil area or near a beach you can use sand and a running stream to clean your pots and pans. That wont kill the fish. Worked for me when I was in the army.

Ecover has been around for years and does a acceptable job, it's your choice dead fish or slightly less shiny plates.

Are you assuming that other washing-up liquids are not bio-degradable?

Sponsored Links
Back