"False" alarms on wireless alarm systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing the places there they wont be insured either.
As no insurance company will accept a Yale on commercial.

Sponsored Links
I've seen one of mark's yale alarms on a house. I notice rather curiously he covers the yale brand name with his own. :confused:

Sponsored Links
I've seen one of mark's yale alarms on a house. I notice rather curiously he covers the yale brand name with his own. :confused:
You will also note the correctly fitted siren at the appropriate height and position for good deterent and security value.

So people can google me. It brings in referals.
Don't worry I know what the next obvious statement will be..no I don't pretend they are not Yale - I sell them as Yale as per the website.

As I have been saying, as sticker on a box. How cheap.

Get one screen printed FFS, at least look professional.

Have it your own way, stickers peel. Stain. Discolour.

Found that out 20 yrs ago, if you cannot accept good advise then so be it.

Have it your own way, stickers peel. Stain. Discolour.

I nearly slapped a local engineer sticking his viynl on a rapier , no not rick astley but his sticker , oh noo , i felt sorry for the box , its image ruined by a label. :mrgreen:

Lets stop the pointless and impossible task of proving who and which equipment is best at giving alarm when someone breaks into a property and stick to giving factual and accurate information to readers who need answers.

Al the childish " I am better than you " and personality clashes stops the message getting to the people who are here looking for advice.

I started this thread to explain one of the reason why wireless systems can false alarm. The simple and un-deniable fact is that prolonged transmissions which the siren recieves from any transmitters that are not part of the system will on some systems cause the alarm to go into alarm condition.

This is the result of just one of the several compromises between cost and fucntion that have to be made on systems ( not just alarm systems ) that rely on radio for their communications.

Wireless equipment can be designed to be ideal for systems where wiring is impossible such as communication to and from moving items for example. Using wireless as a replacement for wiring in a system where reliability is essential can be either simple low cost and not reliable or complex expensive and still not 100% reliable.

It is not fair to claim a system as being reliable when as a result of design and cost compromises it is only reliable in ideal condtions and with the necessary and ongoing test and maintainance. Like having to check battery indicators when setting the alarm to bne sure there is enouigh power left in the batteries to sound the alarm if it is needed. From what I have read here I can understand how it is possible for a careless owner to set the alarm and not be aware that the siren has flat batteries and therefore the system is no longer effective.

I was kind of wondering when they were going to get a room?

It sounds like a true marriage in heaven.... :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back