"False" alarms on wireless alarm systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was responding to the point about trying to discredit.

Obviously.
The problem occurs when someone, usually YG3 insists on stating that Yale products are equally competent as many of the Graded products when this is clearly not the case.

He has a long history of this, especially on another forum.

Yale products are what they are. Whether they do it well, or effectively is a different matter.

Sponsored Links
When the siren pips it also flashes so a deaf person would be advised to watch the siren and count the flashes when setting the system - easily done with the keypad.
Correct me if I am wrong but surely this means the keypad has to be located where the user can also see the siren when operating the keypad. Does this not mean the keypad has to be taken outside the house if the user wishes ( remembers ) to check the state of batteries in the siren unit ?

The remote keypad or kefob can be used outside of the property.
The remote keypad sits in a cradle but it can be taken out of the cradle.
In the case of a control panel based system the three led lights flash as the system arms at the end of the exit countdown so you can tell visually as the alarm sets.
In most homes there is no problem hearing the system set as the alarm box will be on the front of the house so you can here it set when you are leaving your front door.

May I ask when it is on the side or rear elevation due to constraints?

Our panels still talk to the sounder, no need for visuals. Although we have the options we prefer battery life in case of activations.

Sponsored Links
I reccommend whatever is the appropriate system for the client and their environment.

This does not mean as you know they will take it.

The question was, "When it is on the side or rear elevation" ?

How does the notification work then?

You should go to an estate in Leeds where I have fitted many many alarms. Yale alarms outnumber professionally fitted ones at a ratio of two to one. If they were crap the word would soon get round and noone would ask for them but I am still fitting them there now just as I was three years ago.
In fact just installed one for someone who has just moved there and I installed one previously at their last house two years ago.

Which estate? I'll go on Alarms behalf

You haven't answered yet. Which estate has a ratio of two yale alarms for every professionally fitted one?

The question was, "When it is on the side or rear elevation" ?

How does the notification work then?

the thing peeps and flashes

Come on, this smacks of asking silly questions simply to discredit.

Why are you getting involved when you obviously know nothing about the subject?

If it bleeps, chirps and sings "God Save the Queen" the operator will never know as IT DOES NOT COMMUNICATE WITH THE CONTROL PANEL.

The point is that we are establishing its limitations as a ONE WAY unit.

Yale has asked a question and I answered it honestly.
What is your issue?
Why are you adding nothing to the discussion?

we mostly already knew that the control panel transmits to the siren, but the siren does not transmit to the control panel. You know it, I know it, yaleguy knows it.

So you aren't really asking a question, are you?

The siren indicates that it is set or unset or has a low battery by flashing and beeping. You, I and yaleguy know that as well. It is true that a deaf person won't hear it bleep, and a blind person won't see it flash, and if it has been mounted in a position where it can be neither heard nor seen, no-one will see or hear it.

Your post smacks of asking silly questions simply to discredit

Your post smacks of trying to start a silly argument.

As has been pointed out by your "colleague" he is entitled to ask to make sure others know the situations involved. As we are.
As you have nothing to contribute apart from goading I politely suggest you leave the subject to those in the know.

I have no colleague on this forum. Your imagination has led you astray, like it did when you thought that all audible alarms had to be registered.

If you gave up goading you wouldn't be hanging around all the yale threads like you do.

As I said before, check the local authority web sites, not my job to justify their policies to you.

You will notice Yale has been hanging around the serious alarm threads not the other way around.

Try getting things right.

Slow in the forum you generally tout about?

As I said before, check the local authority web sites, not my job to justify their policies to you.
what you actually said was
...Key holders are required for all systems, check that one out too. Also to be on a register at the local council...So if you`re not doing this your breaking local regulations...
Which is not true.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back