"False" alarms on wireless alarm systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check the local councils.

Is it panto season again? All this Oh yes it is repetitiveness.

Sponsored Links
I think you know that I did

I think you also know that what you wrote was not true.

It still isn't.

Go on, admit your not quite right.
Then you can go to bed, or are you going to sit up all night proving you know the internet is wrong?

what you actually said was
...Key holders are required for all systems, check that one out too. Also to be on a register at the local council...So if you`re not doing this your breaking local regulations...
Which is not true.

Three untrue statements from you in a single post :eek:

Sponsored Links
Your post smacks of asking silly questions simply to discredit
Om the contrary, they are questions which the buyer of an alarm system needs to ask and then be given the answers in order that the system is installed in a way that enables the user to use the system effectively.

There is no point in the siren producing a "confirmation of set" sign if it cannot be seen or heard from where the keypad is being used.

Pointing out the weak points of a system could be called "discrediting" but it can also be seen as pointing out the reality of the system and the way it functions. If the system is not credit worthy then that should be known to the user.

what you said was not true.

What I said was true.
Still is with councils, although some have changed the way this is done, and if not followed see what happens on a "runaway" system.

If you really want to argue start a separate post stop hijacking threads and not contributing anything. Which is exactly what you have done every time you have posted in this forum recently.

You haven't answered yet. Which estate has a ratio of two yale alarms for every professionally fitted one?

Yes, can you take a photo of a shot of the street, as you must be in the council estate a lot changing bell box batteries.

You haven't answered yet. Which estate has a ratio of two yale alarms for every professionally fitted one?
Yes, can you take a photo of a shot of the street, as you must be in the council estate a lot changing bell box batteries.

Why council estate? Are you being a snob? In reality it is not a council estate but a new private housing estate. I went there initially 3 yrs ago when people were first moving in and installed around 10 systems and since then have had regular call backs ever since as the estate increases in size as it still is.
It is not just myself installing these but the residents themselves leading as I said to the high overall ratio of Yale alarms in the estate.
This particular estate probably has the highest density of yale alarms of any domestic environment in the country probably in no small part to myself installing the initial systems properly so people had confidence in the systems. In fact very shortly after I had installed a system a home was broken into and the alarm I had installed went off and the police arrived and took two men away for questioning. This obviously did not do the reputation of the alarms any harm at all. I was there only a few days ago installing to a family who had just moved there from another home about a mile away where I had installed at their previous property.

So in answer to your question it is not a council estate.

Righty ho.

So the Yale went off and called the Police?
That is what seems to be said here.

In fact very shortly after I had installed a system a home was broken into and the alarm I had installed went off and the police arrived

Just to be clear.

Got to go out but i`ll check back later as this is very interesting.

Righty ho.

So the Yale went off and called the Police?
That is what seems to be said here.

In fact very shortly after I had installed a system a home was broken into and the alarm I had installed went off and the police arrived

Just to be clear.

Got to go out but i`ll check back later as this is very interesting.

HA hA hahahahahahah you complete and utter plank.
I think it is sooooooo funny to think that today like a complete buffoon you will go round spreading total fabrications that your imagination has come up with.
You really need to learn english as for an englishman winning in the lottery of life you don't have a very good grasp of it.
It does not say anywhere that the alarm called the police.
I know in your twisted mind you would like it to say that but it didn't and it doesn't

Alarm you don't just jump to conclusions you take a rocket and a launching ramp to them!!!

Its not very interesting at all the alarm disturbed the next door neighbours son who was doing his homework. Who then told his dad who then called the police when he saw two men in the back garden and the police arrived and took the two men away for questioning. The homeowners arrived also because the alarm called THEM!
The two men taken away for questioning were site security staff - I will say no more on that issue.

Alarm you have lost the plot

Back on the thread topic have any of you professional installers anything to say regarding the subject of wireless grade 2 systems and the frequencies getting busy and causing probs either now of in the future?

anything to say regarding the subject of wireless grade 2 systems and the frequencies getting busy and causing probs either now of in the future?

Some Short Range Devices ( SRD ) that use certain wireless frequencies for communications are likely to suffer from interference in the future as more and more equipment is bought into service on those free licenced channels. The terms of the licence require the SRD protect itself from interference and there is no method in place to require the interfering source to be closed down.

Reference to this was made in the Electrics section by ban_all_sheds who posted this link http://rfdesignuk.com/LTE.htm in connection with wireless used in home automation systems.

Some of the present systems that depend on a clear channel for one way non compelled transmissions will start to show "faults" and errors due to the signals being blocked ( jammed ) by nearby equipment using the same channel or high powered equipment on other frequencies whose transmissions have modulation products ( off channel frequencies ) that interfere with nearby electronic equipment. An example is the legal licenced transmissions from mobile phones that create noise in adjacent audio (non wireless) equipment.

The question was, "When it is on the side or rear elevation" ?

How does the notification work then?

the thing peeps and flashes

Come on, this smacks of asking silly questions simply to discredit.
Not really.
Many panels, wired included, can notify you via the bell when setting/unsetting. Of little to no use if your entry/exit route is not on the same side as the bell.
A quick check in my local neighbourhood shows most householders enter their premises via the side door, me included. So no external indications seen or heard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back