False Promise Ignorance

M

Mickymoody

Would you admit, and what are your reasons why, to give someone a false promise? If you are in the trade, and can't make a job, but promised to be there, why can't you make a simple phone call?

If you agree to meet someone, but don't show up, why make the meeting in the first place?

Even the electronic era is getting involved...where it's ticked 'Notify me of replies', it doesn't !

If I say something I do it, if I'm delayed, or have to cancel, I tell the person, surely there is no answer to ignore the person completely? Why do that? Ignorance? I don't understand that, as I never do it. Surely if I did it to a friend, then I'd expect them to distrust me in future, so does that make people shallow?

Sponsored Links
The only time I make false promises is when I get a customer who all of a sudden can't understand or speak English and they pretend not to understand your point ie: its gonna cost £double what you are expecting to pay or ''I really didn't break your window when I installed the taps'' etc. I normally say 'Yes' I'll ring you tomorrow to arrange a time' and then don't bother. That way they think they have got one over on you as you walk away but infact, they havn't. It's also a good idea to change their name to 'annoying tw*t' (or similar), on your mobile so you don't have to speak to them again.

So a thread full of spam, for no reason, saying I'm moaning, when making a valid point. If you're in the trade, get held up on a job, do you ring the customer, or let them down?

If you are meeting friends, do you turn up late, ring them to tell them, or not bother turning up?

If you are waiting in for a parcel, and they don't show, are you annoyed? If you see a delivery next door and nobody is in, would you go out, and take the parcel in for them? I would, I hate being let down. To bring the 'moaning' element in, that DM seems to live off, when I went to sign on, I was told that the office is too busy, and I needed to return later. I think, DM, is what you forget, is that I have worked continously since 1988-recently. You also mention that there are all these jobs available, but I choose not to take them, so I take it that you are an expert in jobseeking, and know the market, and that's why you are so bitter stuck in your current job, as you can't get a better job than the one you are currently so happy with? 'Free' handouts? I pay tax and VAT like anyone else. Get out more. Stop reading the redtops. In your whitevan+ladders.

Sponsored Links
Back