Should we take more Syrian's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that the Brits who want to work but lose their jobs due to being undercut by foreign workers would rather keep their jobs than be able to buy things for a few pence less.
Migrants are shipped in to fill vacancies. No one is losing their job.

But the vacancies are often there because the locals can't afford to work for the derisory rates - possibly because they don't want to live 14 to a room and survive on vodka and swan meat.

Sponsored Links
I think it is about time that those people who don't already, realised that we have proportionately fewer immigrants/migrants/refugees/whatever than most similar places and contrary to their own views the majority of immigrants/migrants/refugees/whatever don't regard Britain as Utopia.

With regard to Sikhs and Chinese, well, they aren't brain-washed by one extra-stupid religion.

It's about time religion was done away with. Now there's a challenge.

However, I am far from complacent in other respects. As I grow older it is becoming apparent to me that it is increasingly likely that I shall be in need of healthcare or possibly hospitalisation. For example, it was revealed recently that a number of previously available cancer treatments have now been removed from availability under the NHS, presumably because the demand for healthcare continues to increase.

The NHS is already showing the strain. Unless I'm dying, I can't get to see my GP for 2 weeks. I had to wait 3 months for an appointment with a consultant, FFS. No wonder we're called patients. By the time you get to the quack, you're probably feeling much better.

I think it is about time that those people who don't already, realised that we have proportionately fewer immigrants/migrants/refugees/whatever than most similar places and contrary to their own views the majority of immigrants/migrants/refugees/whatever don't regard Britain as Utopia.

I don't really care what the immigrants think of this country. I preferred it when we largely just had our own problems, without us trying to solve the problems of the world - which we can't. This country is a shadow of it's former self, and it is very unfair to burden UK taxpayers, who have their tax pound demanded by HMRC with menaces, with trying to fund improvements in lifestyles for the world's poor or oppressed.

I'm sure that multicultural society hasn't bitten too hard in the badlands of Dorset, but in Bristol, even though I would say it isn't the most multicultural UK city, the number of foreigners is really starting to become obvious - in the last few years. Also, referring to your statement about proportion - maybe so, but you have omitted to mention that many of these countries have a much greater land mass than us

As for sheer numbers, have you left your village recently? I think a trip to London may open your eyes. o_O

Sponsored Links
So your saying we can't let any more Muslim families in, cos they are all child abusers, or potential child abusers?

No, not at all. It's also because a percentage of them will be terrorists and jihadists.

Last edited:
Nempnett Thrubwell
Population - 117.
roflmao.gif

the number of foreigners is really starting to become obvious

I have walked up the main shopping street in Birmingham many times, it's got to be nearly a kilometre, passed countless people, and not heard a work of English. I can't believe it, it's as astonishing as it is depressing.

the number of foreigners is really starting to become obvious

I have walked up the main shopping street in Birmingham many times, it's got to be nearly a kilometre, passed countless people, and not heard a work of English. I can't believe it, it's as astonishing as it is depressing.

0.621371192 of a mile. Please!

My village of Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch is bigger than Bristol.
And unlike London and parts of Bristol it's very very white isn't it.
It's not like London obviously but there are a lot of foreigners

Change is happening quicker than I thought.

You should be glad they all live in a few places.

I would be happier if they lived in one place................where they come from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back