Should we take more Syrian's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
most off "these people" have risked death or extreme danger abject poverty spending there life savings
most will work far harder than the local population for lower conditions often in over crowded accommodation to better them selves
they are often very educated
and its simply a myth that they want to scrounge they want to work hard and pay there way they simply want a chance to a normal uncomplicated safe life
most want a stable country where they can sleep without the fear off death at any time
as a humane country we need to be more caring there plights are a thousand times worse than our situation on its worst day :(
Well lets hope for Germany's sake that is correct and that in a few years time they will not be making demands for more mosques, sharia law, halal practices, death for gays etc etc.
Are the one's shown using their Iphones getting the service for free?

We've seen this time and again with certain types of immigrants. Often, but not always, the first generation don't cause too much of a problem. It's the second and further generations who often become disaffected and alienated. They know nothing of what their parents went through and don't feel the shred of gratitude that their parents occasionally feel to their adopted country. The second generations are rootless, not knowing where they came from and often unable to understand, interact or fit into a culture that they don't understand. We're storing up big problems for future generations of our own people.

Sponsored Links
No, I didn't think you could!
The article just typifies right wing bias.
A journalist with the opposite leaning will come up with an entirely different viewpoint.
You seem like an educated bloke but extremely naïve where reporting is concerned. You are what main stream, red top tabloid journalists dream of.

Non-English speaking uneducated peasants are of no use to anyone. They'll be welfare dependent forever.
Like a fair chunk of our existing illiterate WASP population, who are British born and bred?

UK nationals are around two-and-a-half times more likely to be claiming working age benefits than non-UK nationals when looked at as a proportion of the population.

So why import more?

Pay rates in certain jobs have been driven down to a point where it's not worth Brits even applying. I know of a baker in his 50s who has been in it all his life, and served a proper apprenticeship when it was still a real skill. He was looking for a skilled job in a big Bristol bakery and they offered him £7.25 ph. The interviewer said that's all they can pay, as they can get an immigrant to do it for that rate. Bloke in his 50s, living in Bristol, mortgage, not had a holiday or changed his car in years because the pay rates have dropped so far.

He's going on the sick instead whilst he thinks about a career change. Good luck to him.

A journalist with the opposite leaning will come up with an entirely different viewpoint.

That is a very fair point. It's rained where I am today and I've spent too long trawling the internet for info regarding this immi crisis. Honestly, I do tend to click on the stuff I think I will agree with. I do genuinely think though we are storing up trouble for later, if masses move in with us so to speak. I am essentially selfish. My happiness and that of my kids is more important to me than some family from Syria or where ever.

Sponsored Links
Non-English speaking uneducated peasants are of no use to anyone. They'll be welfare dependent forever.
Like a fair chunk of our existing illiterate WASP population, who are British born and bred?

UK nationals are around two-and-a-half times more likely to be claiming working age benefits than non-UK nationals when looked at as a proportion of the population.

So why import more?

Pay rates in certain jobs have been driven down to a point where it's not worth Brits even applying. I know of a baker in his 50s who has been in it all his life, and served a proper apprenticeship when it was still a real skill. He was looking for a skilled job in a big Bristol bakery and they offered him £7.25 ph. The interviewer said that's all they can pay, as they can get an immigrant to do it for that rate. Bloke in his 50s, living in Bristol, mortgage, not had a holiday or changed his car in years because the pay rates have dropped so far.

He's going on the sick instead whilst he thinks about a career change. Good luck to him.
That's the price you pay for cheap bread.

Meanwhile yet more moslems got jail today for sexually abusing young English girls.
They see women differently to the way we do and are probably wondering what they did wrong.
But let's not worry about trivialities, let a load more in.

Meanwhile yet more moslems got jail today for sexually abusing young English girls.
They see women differently to the way we do and are probably wondering what they did wrong.

Was that the 29 in Birmingham? Even had the crimes erased from the court round up list?

You seem like an educated bloke but extremely naïve where reporting is concerned. You are what main stream, red top tabloid journalists dream of.
I'm still waiting for you to pick out a sentence - any sentence - in isolation and explain to me why it is incorrect.

Pay rates in certain jobs have been driven down to a point where it's not worth Brits even applying. I know of a baker in his 50s who has been in it all his life, and served a proper apprenticeship when it was still a real skill. He was looking for a skilled job in a big Bristol bakery and they offered him £7.25 ph. The interviewer said that's all they can pay, as they can get an immigrant to do it for that rate.
That's an excellent example of the problems that will arise when it comes to jobs. It will be the people without a specific skill or qualification who will suffer the most: the ones whose jobs the immigrants will be able to do much more cheaply. Greedy bosses will see to that.
Those of us fortunate enough to have jobs that they can't do are much less likely to have problems. Similarly, I have no children so lack of good schools would not affect me directly.

However, I am far from complacent in other respects. As I grow older it is becoming apparent to me that it is increasingly likely that I shall be in need of healthcare or possibly hospitalisation. For example, it was revealed recently that a number of previously available cancer treatments have now been removed from availability under the NHS, presumably because the demand for healthcare continues to increase.

So permitting large numbers of immigrants (regardless of where they are from), who have nothing to offer for the nation's benefit, to come to this country is going to be to the detriment of us all in one way or another. Moreover, the greater the number who come, the worse it will be.

Pay rates in certain jobs have been driven down to a point where it's not worth Brits even applying. I know of a baker in his 50s who has been in it all his life, and served a proper apprenticeship when it was still a real skill. He was looking for a skilled job in a big Bristol bakery and they offered him £7.25 ph. The interviewer said that's all they can pay, as they can get an immigrant to do it for that rate.
That's an excellent example of the problems that will arise when it comes to jobs. It will be the people without a specific skill or qualification who will suffer the most: the ones whose jobs the immigrants will be able to do much more cheaply. Greedy bosses will see to that.
Those of us fortunate enough to have jobs that they can't do are much less likely to have problems. Similarly, I have no children so lack of good schools would not affect me directly.

However, I am far from complacent in other respects. As I grow older it is becoming apparent to me that it is increasingly likely that I shall be in need of healthcare or possibly hospitalisation. For example, it was revealed recently that a number of previously available cancer treatments have now been removed from availability under the NHS, presumably because the demand for healthcare continues to increase.

So permitting large numbers of immigrants (regardless of where they are from), who have nothing to offer for the nation's benefit, to come to this country is going to be to the detriment of us all in one way or another. Moreover, the greater the number who come, the worse it will be.
yes i fully agree that the slow action by politicians to stem the ready supply off cheap labour is to drive down wages for those at the bottom off the scale as there freinds require a supply off cheap labour to boost there profits and remove security and employment rights by stealth

I'm still waiting for you to pick out a sentence - any sentence - in isolation and explain to me why it is incorrect.
Are you being deliberately naïve or just acting dumb?
The article is an opinion.
This opinion is based upon what the journalist thinks may happen and his opinion on why things are happening regards the movement of Syrian refugees.
It is a right wing opinion.
A left wing opinion sympathetic to the Syrian plight would give a different perspective and restore some balance.
His opinion, however biased, is just that. How can I explain why any of it is "incorrect", when all of it could be wrong or all of it could be right? I actually agree with some of it, but none the less, it is still biased and deliberately aimed at those like yourself JBR.

Last edited:
Completely different from today's muggers, drug dealers and whingers with an enormous chip on their shoulder.
Yes, it's amazing what a few years mixing with our council estate white chavs can do.

Well that doesn't explain the stonebridge park estate harlesden nosey. Perhaps it's a one off?

Great example, cos no white person ever has been convicted of child abuse.

Moslems regard women as inferior to men, that's their culture. Do you want to argue with that statement?
If not, why would you want to invite more in and put our kids in even more danger of sexual abuse than they are already.
Because it's obvious that their low regard for women allows a higher proportion of their men to abuse them than is found in our own population.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back