feminism

E

EddieM

Ok, so this is a predominantly male forum, but here goes, what is feminism? Set aside the equal opportunities, equal pay, equal rights, equal respect, which I wholeheartedly agree with, what in addition to those things is it? I honestly am not sure.

Sponsored Links
Is that not it? Is there much more? It just means wanting things to be equal, as far as I know.

Sponsored Links
I dont know.

In my limited understanding, I believe the term feminism / feminist is somewhat toxic to women.

Perhaps due to the Germaine Greer / burn the bra movement.

My old man ,who was a welder in a shipyard (don't know if the aforementioned details are relevant) said to to me 'kid women are only good for two things, 'Shagging and making soup.
He was married for 50 years , happily or unhappily who knows.

My old man ,who was a welder in a shipyard (don't know if the aforementioned details are relevant) said to to me 'kid women are only good for two things, 'Shagging and making soup.
He was married for 50 years , happily or unhappily who knows.
Was your dad Sid The Sexist, by any chance?

Was your dad Sid The Sexist, by any chance?
Don't know mate, but he died happy , unencumbered by all this gay/ feminist/trans /don't really who I am today ,depends on how much the social pays out.

Feminism starts from the viewpoint that the world is bias towards men and this bias is not based on any physical/mental differences between men and women but simply that the world was "designed" this way, mostly by men. Their goal is to attack these biases, it is not primarily about equality.

I do find it odd when a woman calls a man a "big girl" as a criticism when the man is being soft.

Sponsored Links
Back