Final Message

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I don't let recent events cloud my judgement with any Muslims I meet in the future. You can't assume they are all the same.

Are we going around in circles yet?
You can do what you are most comfortable with.
However, if you (no accusation there, just an example) were to post multiple (I mean hundreds) of anti-whatever-prejudice-you-have, messages on social media, you can hardly be surprised when it stirs up a storm of anti-anti-whatever-prejudice-you-have.
Then the forum deteriorates into arguments and counter-arguments, interspersed with some abuse and becomes boring and repetitive..............

I would suggest: if you value any organisation, treat the forums sensibly and the posters with respect and don't exploit them for personal agenda. (No accusations)
Then we all have to treat each other with respect.
Maybe discuss issues and lose the accusations (both ways) of being either an "apologist" or "RWR" ?

And while we're about it - lose the sarcasm. Can we do it?
If I'm offended by your comments I expect to be able to tell you so without abuse.
That's a reciprocal arrangement. Yes?

Sponsored Links
As I don't let recent events cloud my judgement with any Muslims I meet in the future. You can't assume they are all the same.

However, if you (no accusation there, just an example) were to post multiple (I mean hundreds) of anti-whatever-prejudice-you-have, messages on social media, you can hardly be surprised when it stirs up a storm of anti-anti-whatever-prejudice-you-have.
Then the forum deteriorates into arguments and counter-arguments, interspersed with some abuse and becomes boring and repetitive..............

I would suggest: if you value any organisation, treat the forums sensibly and the posters with respect and don't exploit them for personal agenda. (No accusations)
Maybe discuss issues and lose the accusations (both ways) of being either an "apologist" or "RWR" ?

If I'm offended by your comments I expect to be able to tell you so without abuse.
Yes,

But maybe it's also important to lose any sarcasm as well?

Sponsored Links

Yes,

Of course. But if I'm not aware of any unintended sarcasm, I'm open to discussion.

Yes,

Of course. But if I'm not aware of any unintended sarcasm, I'm open to discussion.
It's actually not that easy to tell if someone is being intentionally sarcastic or not - hence the issue we have here sometimes?

Can we still take the p1$$? I don't mind people having a go at me. Good craic - bring it on.

Do you mean "free speech" in the sense that the government is not supposed to arrest and imprison you for what you say; or do you mean "free speech" in the sense that if you write a letter to a newspaper, or post a thread on a website, they are under an obligation to publish it?
Why does the forum publish some peoples posts and not publish others if the objective is not control the content of what others read.

JD,

You can never tar all with the same brush, as we all know it's not the case.
What I find on here sometimes though, is that any criticism of refugees / immigrants / Muslims and some will brand you racist.

We don't know each other and have to rely on the typed word, often with a briefly written post.
I'm not racist, and I'm not convinced many of the other previous posters were either.

With ref to your post though, are you really telling me that the recent mass immigration will not strain resources?
Also, why is it a problem to not wish your culture to be diluted?

Serious question.
If millions of Europeans turned up in Islamic countries to the point where Islam was being pushed to one side and becoming a minority / diluting their culture, do you think they'd be happy about it?

Kind of works both ways..
It happened in Palestine, millions of European migrants overwhelmed the indigenous people and the result has been anarchy.
The powers that be(the British government) stood aside and let it happen, the same process is under way in Europe, it should be obvious that the ruling elite in Europe don't have the skills necessary to deal with a crisis of this magnitude, they are completely out of their depth, Merkel says one thing one day and then something completely different next, She invites the world and his mate to Germany and now she says mass migration is causing a bit of a problem, what a brilliant insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back