Fire alarms

B

breezer

Smoke / heat alarms either mains operated or connected to a burglar alarm are NOT "Fire alarms"

Smoke / heat detectors mains operated (internal battery back up) are a requirement of building regulations

Smoke / heat detectors connected to a burglar alarm are Smoke / heat detectors connected to a burglar alarm nothing else.
Most LAB'C will not accept them for "building works"

"So what is a fire alarm" (simple terms)

A Fire Alarm complies to different regualtions.
Cable used must be able to continue working when the building is on fire (normal cable will melt)
There must be sounders (bells or sirens) On each level
The loudness of said sounders must be above a certain level in all areas with doors closed (which is why you may find a fire alarm sounder in your hotel bedroom)

Sponsored Links
I should have put it in wiki, or reference, but i cant pput it in wiki (dont know how)

Sponsored Links
You’ve followed a link to a topic that doesn’t exist yet. If permissions allow, you may create it by using the Create this page button.

:cry:

ahh, you need to log in using your DIYnot username and password. It is a different site for some reason
Have created it, you can edit to your hearts content!!

is that now the only page on the wiki to say "last edited by breezer"? instead of the usual "last edited by spark123" :LOL:

Don't knock it, I thinks Sparks123 should have got a Harrods hamper from the site owner:cool:

dont know i dont go in the wiki.(much)

i did notice a picture i did is in there, but i never put it there.

one of lifeys mysteries i suppose

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back