Fireworks..

Our di*****d neighbours set a couple off the other night that nearly blew our windows out.
So in effect you are saying a firework was let off AND your window did not blow out... I can report the same this year.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You call these Christmas crackers fireworks???
You had to see what we used to let off in my days...
Things that today would get the anti-terrorism squad out.

Back in the day, I had great fun with what were sold as "Chinese whistling moon travellers" ;)

They were like guided missiles:mrgreen:

Good exercise too (y)

But the "light" bit is only one day, iirc.
;)

Quite possibly, don't know much about it, was invited to a Diwali party couple of years back, but it was just a polite invite as the person in question knew I wouldn't be able to make it, due to being 300 miles away.

Quite possibly, don't know much about it, was invited to a Diwali party couple of years back, but it was just a polite invite as the person in question knew I wouldn't be able to make it, due to being 300 miles away.

Imagine the faux "How lovely you could make it!" if you'd actually have shown up:ROFLMAO:

Imagine the faux "How lovely you could make it!" if you'd actually have shown up:ROFLMAO:

Yeah, it could have been a bit awkward, from the little I know, I think it's a family and close friends oriented thing.

I must admit to having the neighbours around for Brexit last year. I bought one of those single fuse big old lumps that go on for a couple of minutes.
They are a revelation!! Can’t recommend them enough.
I do remember when my 1st born was an infant thinking I’m literally going to batter anyone I caught letting off fireworks after we had put her down for the night. It’s not something I even considered until I had children.

I really like Hindu’s. I have a lot as customers, very peaceful & calm people.

My dog starts shaking as soon as fireworks start, poor thing goes rigid and starts panting.

We used the puppy training CD of loud noises and used it when she was young but it didnt work

the fireworks have been happening this week on Thurs, Fri and they are on now this evening (Saturday).

I like fireworks, but its hard to enjoy them when the poor dog is suffering.

Tina Turner came to Newcastle many years ago, it was a sell out concert.
The organisers (TV producers) lived next door to me.
They brought some industrial fireworks back with them.
They set them off at four in the morning.
It was like the bloody Somme :eek: :(
John :)

There was a thread not long back about fireworks (can't find it), fair enough Bonfire night, New Years Eve but fxxk me.

This was out eldest tonight, took herself off into the kitchen after some knobber started letting them off tonight, I'd only nicely got in from work.

Yes we do pic up their mess before anyone rolls that on out..

View attachment 211406
Oh what a beautiful dog, sorry it seems so distressed all the same :(

I still feel we must be allowed to celebrate though problem is we have so many different cultures now who want their own celebrations on their days?

Sponsored Links
Back