First false alarm - how to avoid in future

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Been a while since last post. Just wanted to say thanks for the advice from the very kind & willing chaps who helped get me on my way with my TexecomPremier Elite 24.

System has been working flawlessly however, over the weekend during the early hours the alarm triggered. Upon resetting at the RKP I got a notification that it was set off in the garage.

The only thing I can think that's done this is a spider crawling across the lens. It's literally full of em. I cleared a load of webb over the weekend as it's got me paranoid now and I feel like I can't do a night set now in fear of ******* off neighbours.

The sensor is not corner mounted but straight walled facing the garage opening. I've filled some tell tale holes above where something might have dropped down in front of it.

Is there a way to avoid this? PIR is the QD.
Also, I'm another person with the 'No Notification' syndrome on the connect app for Android.

That alarm state did not notify my phone, only when I disarmed it '_'

Sponsored Links
Hi Sparky hope all is well. Is this really my only best option is to replace it?

Can the sensetivity be adjusted? Could I do a soak test to see if it's faulty?

The zone is fine and all looks good when checking zone status.

Sponsored Links
Ordered one from Alert Electrical. All the other PIR's in the property are the QD's. I hope I don't have to end up changing them as well. House seems to have an abundance of spiders lately but feel that's down to this crazy weather.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back