Fitting outside lights

Sponsored Links
No - that is something you are incorrectly inferring, not something he is implying,
Oh my god, how will I ever recover from a statement that the whole english speaking world can understand, but BAS can't.
New forum idea, BAS's guide to elocutions, spellins and diplomacies.

But the implication of bernards statements imply he is "quoting" from an official document or reg. He is not, he is expressing a personal opinion,
As already pointed out by others I am not quoting from any document. What I am "quoting" from is more than 40 years experience of life. That experience unfortunately includes awareness of incidents that involved serious injury or death even though there was total compliance with the regulations in force at the time. Those injuries and deaths occured because the people who had compiled the regulations had not forseen the type of incident as being possible so did not include preventive measures in the regulations. The regulations were often ammended to prevent a similar incident happening. I am also aware of many situations where people have used common sense and/or experience and ignored or even acted contrary to the regulations and in doing so have improved safety at that particular location.

Sponsored Links
Oh my god, how will I ever recover from a statement that the whole english speaking world can understand, but BAS can't.
It's not the whole world, as it clearly does not include you.

If a conclusion is said to follow from something a person has written, then it can matter hugely whether the writer is responsible for the conclusion because he implied it, or whether the reader is responsible because he inferred it.

As in this case. You are claiming that because of what Bernard wrote there must be a regulation or other "official" guidance. But that is absolutely not what Bernard was implying, it is what you chose to infer.

If you don't understand the difference then you should not be using the words, and if you think that it is acceptable to blame someone else for something which is your fault then you have no business being here.

It's not the whole world, as it clearly does not include you.

If a conclusion is said to follow from something a person has written, then it can matter hugely whether the writer is responsible for the conclusion because he implied it, or whether the reader is responsible because he inferred it.

As in this case. You are claiming that because of what Bernard wrote there must be a regulation or other "official" guidance. But that is absolutely not what Bernard was implying, it is what you chose to infer.

If you don't understand the difference then you should not be using the words, and if you think that it is acceptable to blame someone else for something which is your fault then you have no business being here.

o_OI'm planning on buying a new second hand car.

quote - repeat or copy out (words from a text or speech written or spoken by another person).

I'm not sure what that post is supposed to tell us, other than that no, indeed, you simply don't understand that imply and infer are not synonyms.

This has been done to death before.
I agree with mr watson in this case, I have witnessed it snapped off at terminals and it is often disturbed when people decorate or change switches.
I have also worked for companies where tenders from local houses etc have stated Not to use 1 mm cable.
Plus I don't think anyone stocks 1mm singles due to the stress of it being pulled in on conduit installs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back