Flights ground to a halt....

Help me understand.... . Who wants a border EU or the UK or both don't or
do want a border.

Will the trouble start again if a border goes up ...

The last thing I want is to loose the peace....

Sponsored Links
The Republic of Ireland doesn't want border controls with NI. The EU has to support the interests of its members, so this is one of its "red lines" and has been from the start. Theresa is aware of this and agreed (twice) to the EU's proposed "no border controls for NI" backstop, although, to satisfy her hard-brexiteer nutters, she is trying to renege on that commitment.

Unfortunately the Brexiters can't agree what they want, and have several incompatible red lines. They don't accept any of the available options.

Any body given any thought as to what will happen to the prison system in this country after Brexit ?

March 2019

"In a significant development in Brexit negotiations, a new introductory section will be included in the draft withdrawal agreement to give legal effect to the “backstop” meaning it will apply “unless and until another solution is found.”

This keeps the door open on the backstop option while still enabling EU and UK negotiators to devise another solution for the Border, such as a future EU-UK trading agreement, or a specific solution to be proposed by London. "

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/wor...-solution-for-border-in-treaty-text-1.3432512

Sponsored Links
May 2019

"A customs proposal aimed at preventing a hard border in Ireland after Brexit has been agreed by cabinet.

Ministers signed off on the "backstop" that would see the UK match EU tariffs after 2020, if there is no deal on their preferred customs arrangements."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44148027

"Earlier, Irish PM Leo Varadkar said ensuring there was no hard border between the Irish Republic and Northern Ireland was "an absolute red line" for the Irish government.

"We need that [backstop] to be part of the withdrawal agreement, and if it's not, then there will be no withdrawal agreement and no transition period.""

I remember how house prices plummeted after the Brexit vote result and the awful emergency budget we had to endure...

Help me understand.... . Who wants a border EU or the UK or both don't or
do want a border.

Will the trouble start again if a border goes up ...

The last thing I want is to loose the peace....

Clue.

Who wants to regain control of its borders (which they never lost anyway) ?

Of course you do because that's the easy way isn't it.

If you voted for it. Then you take responsibility.

Don't ever forget that. Whatever mess we end up with, it was what was voted for by brexiteers, not by remainers

I remember how house prices plummeted after the Brexit vote result and the awful emergency budget we had to endure...

Confident of house prices holding up, when brexit happens?

What happens to house prices if there’s ‘no-deal’?
According to the Bank of England’s governor, Mark Carney, house prices could fall as much as 33% over the space of three years if a no-deal Brexit comes to pass. These predictions came off the back of the Bank of England’s stress tests, where they also warned about potential falls in the pound, rises in inflation, and the possibility of large numbers of homeowners being left in negative equity.

However, it’s important to note that this is an absolute worse case scenario which was deliberately modelled by the Bank to ensure that the financial system is prepared for any eventuality. According to the BBC, “the Governor believes that a “no deal” scenario would be bad for the economy. But not as bad as the headlines … which are based on a doomsday scenario that is not actually forecast to happen.”

So dont take the 33% literally, but understand the modelling

If you voted for it. Then you take responsibility.

Don't ever forget that. Whatever mess we end up with, it was what was voted for by brexiteers, not by remainers
Goes without saying,everything that ever goes wrong will be Brexit,but we will always be happier than the moaners.

Goes without saying,everything that ever goes wrong will be Brexit,but we will always be happier than the moaners.

So you think you can vote brexit, and take no responsibilty for whatever happens? Good or bad ?

So you think you can vote brexit, and take no responsibilty for whatever happens? Good or bad ?
I do not mind,along with half the population,taking full responsibility for getting our own way.Long before you moaning whinging spineless amoeba admit you were wrong when life goes on perfectly well after Brexit.

Sponsored Links
Back