Flights ground to a halt....

I see dum plum is moaning and whining again.

These anti-EU whingers never stop. For 47 years they've been grumbling.

Poor old sods can never be happy.

Moan, moan, moan go the quitters.

Sponsored Links
I see dum plum is moaning and whining again.

These anti-EU whingers never stop. For 47 years they've been grumbling.

Poor old sods can never be happy.

Moan, moan, moan go the quitters.

That's what I say Johnd :sneaky:

They need to start facing reality ;)

Clue.

Who wants to regain control of its borders (which they never lost anyway) ?

So it's us who wants the border separating Ireland ???
I thought TM said she doesn't want a border??

You are right, she doesnt.

But brexiteers want to control our borders.

And the EU need to control what crosses the borders.

Simple huh ?

Understand what you voted for ?

Sponsored Links

Who knows what she wants today?

But the Quitters want (1) to have different trade deals (or no trade deals) with other countries (2) not to follow EU rules (3) not to have Freedom of Movement. Therefore, there must be border controls between UK and EU.

They also want (some of them) not to have border controls between NI and Republic or Ireland. To achieve this, NI and Republic of Ireland must follow same rules and have Freedom of Movement.

But Republic of Ireland is in EU, and NI is in UK. Therefore, there must be border controls between UK and Republic of Ireland.

But there must not be border controls between NI and Republic or Ireland.

Therefore there must be Border Controls between NI and GB.

But there must not be border controls between NI and GB

But GB must have border controls with EU.

Please explain how that will work.

The EU is patiently waiting for Theresa to come up with a proposal.

None of the Quitters can.

Then try to get the EU to agree to whatever lunatic scheme you've dreamed up.

So it's the EU that want the border separating Ireland ?
They, and we, will have no choice.

No border = no border to take back control of (remember that phrase?) = unrestricted flow of goods and people into the UK. Or out of.

If we lower some standards or other in order to get a trade deal with a country (e.g. beef with growth hormones from the USA), and the EU forbid the import of same, there will have to be a border with real physical controls and checks because they will not want beef with growth hormones from the USA entering the EU.

If we want to end freedom of movement of EU citizens into the UK there will have to be a border with real physical controls and checks.

Do you think there's no border with real physical controls and checks between Finland, Estonia, Latvia and Russia? Lithuania, Poland and Belarus? Greece and Turkey?

Even Switzerland, which is in the Schengen zone, and for food and almost all tradeable industrial and agricultural goods has regulations which are fully aligned with those of the EU, (the Swiss copy and paste Brussels regulations into their domestic laws, which apparently makes them a vassal state, and since 2008 Switzerland has contributed over £1 billion to the EU budget) has a hard border infrastructure with real physical controls and checks.

https://www.ft.com/content/2d30482c-da7e-11e7-a039-c64b1c09b482

Anybody who tells you that there will not need to be a real border with real physical controls and checks between the UK and the RoI if the UK is no longer in the EU is either an idiot or is lying to you.

Or both.

But Republic of Ireland is in EU, and NI is in UK. Therefore, there must be border controls between UK and Republic of Ireland.

But there must not be border controls between NI and Republic or Ireland.

Therefore there must be Border Controls between NI and GB.

But there must not be border controls between NI and GB

But GB must have border controls with EU.

Please explain how that will work.

The EU is patiently waiting for Theresa to come up with a proposal.

None of the Quitters can.

Then try to get the EU to agree to whatever lunatic scheme you've dreamed up.
And of course our bastions of intelligent factual reporting such as the Express and The Sun will present all of these problems, entirely of our own stupid making, as the EU punishing us.

So you think you can vote brexit, and take no responsibilty for whatever happens? Good or bad ?

Absolutely. I couldn't give a flying fook cos I'm alright Jack! I'll be fine and you'll be whining like a knackered washing machine. Happy days!

Well, we will all just have to hope that someone finds a way to make you give a FF then.

That's OK - I've got years, and the patience, to wait for people like you to find yourself the recipient of things which make you realise that you do, after all, give a FF about what you did.

And the worse the effects of what you did are, the less I will care about how unwelcome you find those things.

If there is no deal Southern Ireland will be forced to put up a border come March next year

58% of southern Ireland's exports to the EU come through the UK

No deal they will have a big problem

Sponsored Links
Back