• Not going to have it

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • I’ve had flu

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Who's had one, who's going to have one, who's not going to have one and who's ever had flu?

I’ve been having the jab for about the last 8 years, had mine a couple of weeks ago, never had flu. They are saying there’s a shortage of jabs at the moment. Mrs Mottie has hers given to her at the hospital where she works, they come round, give it to you at your desk and you get a mini Mars bar as a treat! This year it was slightly different, you had to sign to say you’ve had it or sign to say you are refusing it. Mrs Mottie had flu as a teenager and said she thought she was going to die which seems to be a common theme amongst those that have had it. Proper flu though, not man flu. :whistle:

Sponsored Links
Yup, had mine, very slick operation being run at the Doctors surgery, I was in and out within 5 minutes. I had it because I nearly died from sepsis following a mastoidectomy in 2008, heart and a few organs aren't quite tip top ever since. I ended up back in hospital with flu three years ago.

Last edited:
My mate and his wife came down with flu when we were on a Christmas/New year break holiday in the Peak District 6 years ago. There were 12 of us in one house and only they came down with it. They just about made it home and took to their bed. Both of them were off work for three weeks, he also thought he was going to die. The following year he had the flu jab. He came down with a cold just after, blamed the jab and has never had the jab since. (n)

I have never had one before (flu jab), I received an invite complete with an appointment from my surgery, then spotted local pharmacists can do them. Local pharmacists is much nearer than surgery, much less waiting around and they agreed I could just pop in without needing an appointment, always providing they had jabs unallocated, so I went there for it - cancelling the surgery appointment. They had me sit and wait for five minutes after it, to see if I had an adverse reaction - I had none and none since. Despite warnings from some who suggest they had a reaction to the jab worse than flu, I noticed nothing at all.

In the past, the surgery has written/messaged me suggesting I can have the jab and I should make an appointment. This time they actually sent me an appointment.

Sponsored Links
The jab does sometimes give me a cold but its a small price to pay compared to how flu affects me...

I received an invite complete with an appointment from my surgery, then spotted local pharmacists can do them
When Mrs Mottie was a GP's receptionist, the Doctor would do all he could to accommodate those eligible for a free flu jab. Not because he was particularly caring, but because if like you they went to a pharmacist for their free jab, the GP would be billed for it instead of earning from it!

Had mine done in a chemist yesterday, normally I've just booked a few days ahead when it suits me at the local Boots but this year Boots weren't even letting you book appointments as were Lloyds so ended up at a local one, am not entitled to the NHS one yet so had it done privately, about £12/ I had pneumonia about 6 years ago which knocked me off my feet for a couple of weeks with a week in hospital and the flu can be a trigger for pneumonia so a small price to pay for a little piece of mind. I finally stumped up for the pneumonia jab last year but at least they last a couple of years or so. I do think I generally have less colds and whatever than work colleagues/family since having the jabs.

Who's had one, who's going to have one, who's not going to have one and who's ever had flu?

I’ve been having the jab for about the last 8 years, had mine a couple of weeks ago, never had flu. They are saying there’s a shortage of jabs at the moment. Mrs Mottie has hers given to her at the hospital where she works, they come round, give it to you at your desk and you get a mini Mars bar as a treat! This year it was slightly different, you had to sign to say you’ve had it or sign to say you are refusing it. Mrs Mottie had flu as a teenager and said she thought she was going to die which seems to be a common theme amongst those that have had it. Proper flu though, not man flu. :whistle:
woo hoo mini mars bar!!!
can’t wait for the covid vaccine,
mini snickers!

ffs.

My mate and his wife came down with flu when we were on a Christmas/New year break holiday in the Peak District 6 years ago. There were 12 of us in one house and only they came down with it. They just about made it home and took to their bed. Both of them were off work for three weeks, he also thought he was going to die. The following year he had the flu jab. He came down with a cold just after, blamed the jab and has never had the jab since. (n)
i’ve had it twice . first time I actually though I was going to die. and even told the wife where the cash was:LOL:.
seriously though, the dying bit is true. convinced I had pneumonia too!
certainly a reason to have the jab....... or a reason not to:cautious: ??

Sponsored Links
Back