Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Not going to have it

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • I’ve had flu

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
But I had to be able to bend my knee at least 90 degrees first, get up out of bed, and walk around.
No problem.

It did become a problem after I'd got home, and the anaesthetic had fully worn off.....

Had the same in April. Had a tonsil out and afterwards at the hospital and for a few hours after at home - I thought 'this is a breeze'. Then the meds wore off. :eek:

They insisted I eat proper food striaght away to ward off bacteria and infections in the mouth. Otherwise I would have lived off of ice cream. A meal would take 2 hours as each mouthful was agony and I had to grip the table to swallow. Certain foods set the wound off eg. non ripe bananas and Heinz thick soup. Had to take to my bed after trying these foods.

Had the same in April. Had a tonsil out and afterwards at the hospital and for a few hours after at home - I thought 'this is a breeze'. Then the meds wore off. :eek:

They insisted I eat proper food striaght away to ward off bacteria and infections in the mouth. Otherwise I would have lived off of ice cream. A meal would take 2 hours as each mouthful was agony and I had to grip the table to swallow. Certain foods set the wound off eg. non ripe bananas and Heinz thick soup. Had to take to my bed after trying these foods.
They used to do that in the "olden" days. My sister had her tonsils out three decades ago and they made her eat DRY cornflakes after the op and every morning.
But when I took my lad to a GP with tonsillitis last year, she said that used to be a way of thinking but that it isn't current anymore.

How odd.

When I had my tonsils out much longer ago than that, it was only ice cream.

I have always thought it was because it's something to eat, kids like ice cream, it doesn't need chewing and it won't scratch the wound.

Bit of a difference between ice cream and dry corn flakes.

When I had my tonsils out much longer ago than that, it was only ice cream.
Mrs Mottie is always banging on about the time she had her tonsils out as a child and lived on ice-cream like it was some big treat. Wait, yes it was, because as a child, she had to share one ice-cream with her little sister and brother and the tonsils meant she got it all to herself. :rolleyes:

Mrs Mottie is always banging on about the time she had her tonsils out as a child and lived on ice-cream like it was some big treat. Wait, yes it was, because as a child, she had to share one ice-cream with her little sister and brother and the tonsils meant she got it all to herself. :rolleyes:

Them's was the days:)

Like sharing the bathwater with you brothers and sisters, to save money (and save getting clean, if you were anything other than first in:ROFLMAO:)

And they reckon allergies are more common nowadays because kids don't play out like we did? Nah, it's because they don't share skanky bathwater anymore:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

They used to do that in the "olden" days. My sister had her tonsils out three decades ago and they made her eat DRY cornflakes after the op and every morning.
But when I took my lad to a GP with tonsillitis last year, she said that used to be a way of thinking but that it isn't current anymore.

Yes, we were envious of a friend when we were kids who had his tonsils out. He was allowed unlimited ice cream. Said the same to me about eating dry foods like bread that you would think would be the last thing to eat with a fresh wound in the back of your throat. Something about stopping bacteria building up in the mouth unless you eat proper food. Every mouthful was bloody agony though.

Sponsored Links
Back