Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Going to have it

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Not going to have it

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • I’ve had flu

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
I spent 3 1/2 weeks on a ventilator, 3 of that in a coma, I had multi-organ dysfunction, Pleural effusion both sides, Pneumothorax both sides, also fulminant myocarditis with an ejection fraction of 5%. I was "proned" and placed on a rotational mattress and they stopped pumping Jevity down my NGT because my stomach was not dijesting it, I shed most of my skin too. I was deemed to ill to be transferred to Glenfields at Leicester for ECMO treatment and placed on the DNR list. The gods were on my side because pulled through. I was transferred out of Critical Care after 6 weeks and spent a while on a cardiac ward too. The one year that I did not take a flu jab, I got flu and ended up back in hospital. If that makes me a tw@t, I'll keep on being one each year and getting a jab each year.
and i’m glad you bounced back. good luck. If I was in your position I might well consider the flu jab too.

Sponsored Links
Im getting a flu jab today from Sainsburys
Update

Went to Sainsbury's......they should've phoned as they have no vaccines

Phoned around......nowhere has them, apparently NHS are preventing them being sent out....I guess until all vulnerable people have had them, which is fair enough.

Im getting a flu jab today from Sainsburys
Update

Went to Sainsbury's......they should've phoned as they have no vaccines

Phoned around......nowhere has them, apparently NHS are preventing them being sent out....I guess until all vulnerable people have had them, which is fair enough......Bodgebuild and others deserves to get one first

Had man flu several times over the years and wondered what the fuss was about. Then about 8 years ago, got the flu proper. On my back for 10 days, one minute steaming with perspiration, next ice cold and weak as a kitten. Once passed out for 8 hours. Thought I was dying and took a whole month to feel right again. Obviously the previous bouts had just been a rehearsal for the real thing. Couldn't go through that again, and cost me a lot financially as it happened at my busiest time of the year.

Can't take the chance again, and I can see how older people succumb. Having the jab on Saturday.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Tried to get a flu jab from my surgery after we had recieved an invite by letter from said surgery. Tried for 2 days to get through to the surgery but the phones just crashed out on us for some reason. We then went to our local pharmacy and got a jab there. I did manage to get through to the surgery by fax, believe it or not, and I did get an apologetic email but to be honest it seems to me that the NHS, all departments, don't want to even help themselves.

I did feel slightly rough, after having my jab, the following day but was okay after. My wife didn't have any ill effects after. That is the first time either my wife or I have had flu jabs. I had a bout of real flu, not the namby pamby one that most people say they get, after I started a new I.T. job in a school about ten years ago. I couldn't get out of bed for three days and it took a good couple or three weeks to shake it off. I'm retired now and knocking 70 so I wouldn't want to have that again or this covid thing.

Not sure what ITU psychosis is, but the only perhaps similar experience I've had is coming round from a GA fighting and swearing! Common occurrence apparently.

I only had a GA once, when I was 12, at the dentists and yes I came around fighting. They had to pin me down.

Not sure what ITU psychosis is, but the only perhaps similar experience I've had is coming round from a GA fighting and swearing! Common occurrence apparently.
Before my op I've just had, the anaesthetist asked if I'd rather have a local (blocker) or general. He spoke of the p's and c's of both. I opted for the blocker as I don't like feeling nauseous.

It was a doddle and good fun listening to the theatre team banter.

Before my op I've just had, the anaesthetist asked if I'd rather have a local (blocker) or general. He spoke of the p's and c's of both. I opted for the blocker as I don't like feeling nauseous.

It was a doddle and good fun listening to the theatre team banter.

Don't blame you. I remember being on the slab, anaesthetist said right I'm gonna administer the anaesthetic and I want you to count down from 10. Haha, piece of cake I thought, gonna take a few goes at this to put me out. Ten, wow I can see all the stars in the galaxy, Ni........ gone.

Next morning, was presented with the full English I had ordered the night before (private ozzy), contrary to advice, scoffed the lot toute suite as I was starving, spent the next few hours desperately try not to projectile vomit.

Next morning, was presented with the full English I had ordered the night before

Jeez! That might work after a night on the lash, but easy does it is definitely order of the day after an op. When one of our cats has an op, it's light chicken and rice based food for the next couple of days. Too many accidents otherwise. :eek:

Jeez! That might work after a night on the lash, but easy does it is definitely order of the day after an op. When one of our cats has an op, it's light chicken and rice based food for the next couple of days. Too many accidents otherwise. :eek:

It was in hindsight a very poor choice, dry toast would have been better. Don't think I've ever felt so nauseous.

Funniest thing that happened while I was in, I was known by my nurses at "the poo shaker W@nker". Whilst recovering, I could not move anything on my right side so I could not operate the call buzzer and as I was less critical, I did not require a 24/7 nurse. Anyway I was terrified of pooing the bed, even though that is normal in ICU, so my nurse gave me an empty tablet bottle with several plastic catheter caps in it. I was able to shake my left hand so she placed it in my hand and tucked my arms under the covers. I was on Jevity, a nasal tube food at a high rate because I had lost weight and I needed a poo in the early hours (I could not speak as I had a trachy). "great", I thought, "I just shake my poo shaker and the nurses will come to crane me onto a commode", I shook my poo shaker but nobody heard so I shook it with all my might, this time a nurse did come, she shouted something at me and walked away disgusted. The head nurse came over and said "Mr Bodged, you are too ill to masturbate", she then gave me a sedative and I went to sleep.
I crapped the bed, obviously and the next morning I was allowed a speaking cap for my tracheotomy so I could speak to Mrs Bodged for a few minutes. I was very keen indeed to tell her that not only was there a huge runny turd in my bed but I most definitely was not w@nking last night! My day shift nurse forgot to tell the night shift about my poo shaker warning device!

Funniest thing that happened while I was in, I was known by my nurses at "the poo shaker W@nker". Whilst recovering, I could not move anything on my right side so I could not operate the call buzzer and as I was less critical, I did not require a 24/7 nurse. Anyway I was terrified of pooing the bed, even though that is normal in ICU, so my nurse gave me an empty tablet bottle with several plastic catheter caps in it. I was able to shake my left hand so she placed it in my hand and tucked my arms under the covers. I was on Jevity, a nasal tube food at a high rate because I had lost weight and I needed a poo in the early hours (I could not speak as I had a trachy). "great", I thought, "I just shake my poo shaker and the nurses will come to crane me onto a commode", I shook my poo shaker but nobody heard so I shook it with all my might, this time a nurse did come, she shouted something at me and walked away disgusted. The head nurse came over and said "Mr Bodged, you are too ill to masturbate", she then gave me a sedative and I went to sleep.
I crapped the bed, obviously and the next morning I was allowed a speaking cap for my tracheotomy so I could speak to Mrs Bodged for a few minutes. I was very keen indeed to tell her that not only was there a huge runny turd in my bed but I most definitely was not w@nking last night! My day shift nurse forgot to tell the night shift about my poo shaker warning device!
JEEZUS :eek:

I walked into theatre in my flipflops about 2:00 pm (they all asked if I was lost from the beach) had about 30 mins of comfortable surgery and walked out of the hospital a couple of hours later feeling fine (apart from a weird floppy right hand that didn't belong to me). The pain hit about 10 pm.

JEEZUS :eek:

I walked into theatre in my flipflops about 2:00 pm (they all asked if I was lost from the beach) had about 30 mins of comfortable surgery and walked out of the hospital a couple of hours later feeling fine (apart from a weird floppy right hand that didn't belong to me). The pain hit about 10 pm.
I had been in a coma for over 3 weeks and awake for about a week by this point so it was a while before I could do anything worthwhile...

Sponsored Links
Back