Football

Why are Wigan so badly supported?

They have some of the cheapest seats and season tickets yet so few fans. They don't deserve the level of investment the board makes.

14k to see Chelsea (that includes the visiting fans) and looking at the WHL less than 200 away fans..criminal

They support to a 1st division team level and unless they start turning out in numbers that's where they will end up (of course only then the supporters will turn out in droves to moan!)

Sponsored Links
I watched the game, and I must say Wigan did a number on us, the two Wigan midfielders shut big Tom and Wilson down every time they got the ball, stifled us across the middle and stopped any creative play. Their goal was a neat break, and yes, maybe Carlo made a hash of it in goal, but it doesn't matter how, it's how many. Wigan have got their reprieve, and if they want to remain Premier League they will have to play like this EVERY game. Spurs, on the other hand, should take this as a wake up call, and use it to kick them into gear when they start to think that talent alone will win games......... :cry:

Wigan have got their reprieve, and if they want to remain Premier League they will have to play like this EVERY game.

i dont agree, if either team played like that every week they'd both get relegated. We we just happened to be the cr4pper of 2 truly awful displays of football. tactics by harry were poor, they suppressed the wings with deep playing wide men, making progress for bale and lennon difficult. We had 2 defensive cm who never went forward. We missed modric but the answer would have been to bring in jenas and try and exploit the middle. I dont like him but it would have at least sorted out the shape of the team and give us something down the middle.
Anyway, tactics dont make players play any better so the improvement might have been negligable. Im not gonna argue with that other fella above cos he doesnt actually read what i wrote, and is agreeing with me in argument :rolleyes:
Its diss.paointing to see a team in the premier league so badly supported

Well tactics obviously do make a difference, as Spurs put out the same team midweek, to get into the Champions league, as they did against Wigan, and lost. Well done Spurs for getting into Champions league btw, there is no bad blood here. Everyone has good and bad games. Spurs had an average game, Wigan a good game.

I think the joy of Wigan, is that they are just so random, they beat Chelsea, and Liverpool last season, have got through to the final of the Carling cup, but then lose 9-1, 4-0 to Blackpool, 6-0 Clelsea..??

If you were a Wigan supporter, and the last time you went away to Spurs, it was 9-1, would you go next time?

Wigans ground only holds <20k people? as it's traditionally known as a rugby town. But shared ground now, so the support will be less than other clubs. Last time I went it was full of MILF, and kids that didn't even know a game of football was occuring. That was annoying, and a reason for a real fan to stay away. Also, the match can be watched online, live.

Far better support when playing various derby matches, Man U, Liverpool, Blackburn, Blackpool, why travel to London after a 9-1?

Sponsored Links
proper fans will go anywhere regardless of history. They want to watch their team wherever they are. You want to be theere the day that "it happened". I know plenty of diehards who run their life around football. The game comes first everything else comes second.
Spurs tickets for next away game to WBA were sold out in 2 days, hardly a stonker of a game.
Wigan dont have proper fans, or at least not many. There's no excuses for not turning up to a game if your a real fan, unless its because you cant afford it or genuinely cant make it. If your sitting at home with money in your pocket and your localish to the club....well...all i can say dont complain when they lose or play badly. As you say wigan is a rugby town, football is 2nd best.
I'll be happy when they get relegated and replaced with a team with proper fans. The atmosphere at games when both ends are sold out is amazing. To compare the man city game and wigan game.... there is nothing to compare.

proper fans will go anywhere regardless of history. They want to watch their team wherever they are. You want to be theere the day that "it happened". I know plenty of diehards who run their life around football. The game comes first everything else comes second.
Spurs tickets for next away game to WBA were sold out in 2 days, hardly a stonker of a game.
Wigan dont have proper fans, or at least not many. There's no excuses for not turning up to a game if your a real fan, unless its because you cant afford it or genuinely cant make it. If your sitting at home with money in your pocket and your localish to the club....well...all i can say dont complain when they lose or play badly. As you say wigan is a rugby town, football is 2nd best.
I'll be happy when they get relegated and replaced with a team with proper fans. The atmosphere at games when both ends are sold out is amazing. To compare the man city game and wigan game.... there is nothing to compare.

As I stated, a 9-1 defeat, nobody is going to go. The Wigan fans got a refund on their tickets for that game, but not their travelling expenses.

I'm not complaining that Wigan played badly, SPURS DID!!! So stop moaning!

I'll be very happy when Spurs get relegated, with fans like you supporting them, that have no comadre.

you completely missed the point. Any case i get the impression that your one of wigans many armchair supporters.

you completely missed the point. Any case i get the impression that your one of wigans many armchair supporters.

Used to go home and away, every match, but can't afford at present.

No premier league fistures this weekend

Come on Northern Ireland -

boom boom green and white army,
boom boom green and white army.....

Seems odd that the England match not shown on terrestrial TV, but Argy vs Spain was?

Good Luck to the Seasiders tomorrow, away to Newcastle (yuk yuk)....weve got a few new players....and ian holloway reckons it will take time for the team to gel!!..i think that means we are gonna lose! :(
and good luck to Wigan too...at home to Sunderland!....lets kick some North East butt!!......

View media item 25088

sea, sea seasiders!!!!

Hope you get a win Diane

City play Blackburn come on CITY get into big Sam's cloggers

predictions for you, Micky and us

Blackpool win 2-1
City win 3-1
Spurs lose 2-1

When Wigan played Newcastle in the bad old days, when Shearer played, he was a naughty so and so, and head butted one of our players, who then got revenge at the return event, so when Shearer presents MOTD, Wigan are usually last to be shown. I think we were first to be shown, when Shearer presented, when we got thrashed 6-0, as Shearer gloated?

Wigan vs Sunderland is an awkward affair, as our ex manager manages them..so has a point to prove. And stole half the players when he left. What should be a relatively easy game, is made 100% harder. You aren't going to go in for a hard tackle, on your ex teammate, but want to give a game..So expect the random Wigan to turn up, either a 6-0 to Wigan or the other way, or a 4-4 draw..

Blackpool vs Newcastle, I think a 2-0 to Blackpool. Prem teams are never used to the newboys, as Wigan showed, so Blackpool can play their style, and Newcastle chase the ball..?

All to be revealed. Good luck Blackpool, but if the points gap expands a bit, might not be cheering you on so much!

Sponsored Links
Back