For religious types

breadnbutter said:
there is niether male or female in heaven.

and also said:
people in heaven will have glorified bodys

Hermaphrodites?

I could live (or do I mean die) with that. :D :D :D

But I don't think you mean that do you. :( :( :( Once again Christianity displays its thinly disguised disgust about God's greatest gift to homo sapiens. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I like the bit that says "here are the facts as reported by Moses".
That'll be the man that talks to a bush. Sorry to God, through a burning
bush.

Does anyone agree with me that religious books such as the Bible and Qu'ran should be put within "Fiction" or "Mythology" sections of bookshops or libraries, since they are stories based largely on bunkum and hearsay? They most certainly should not be anywhere near "reference" sections.

Sponsored Links
Does anyone agree with me that religious books such as the Bible and Qu'ran should be put within "Fiction" or "Mythology" sections of bookshops or libraries, since they are stories based largely on bunkum and hearsay? They most certainly should not be anywhere near "reference" sections.
Yep, right next to Dan Brown :D

The world could do with a Spanish inquisition in reverse. Anyone who is religious gets burnt at the stake. :LOL:

I know I've said it before but....... I think anyone wishing to participate in any sort of religion should do it within the confines of their own homes.
With NO more than a congregation of 4 allowed.
Not to be spoken about to anyone outside said community.

Harsh penalties for anyone believing it's anything more than a personal choice.

The world could do with a Spanish inquisition in reverse. Anyone who is religious gets burnt at the stake. :LOL:
Fetch the comfy chair :D

bush.

it was common for bushes to ignite in the desert,but what got moses attention it wasn't being consumed, so he checked it out ,then god spoke to him .

I've said it before and will no doubt say it again - there may or may not be a god and it would be lovely if there was one. However, there can be no doubt whatosever that organised religion based on purported visions, prophets or messiahs or any alleged "evidence" must by definition completely self-contradict the very basis of their existence.

Reference to ancient texts prove nothing, since these texts are themselves man-made stories based on tittle tattle and wishful thinking.

It would be just as easy to pick up a book, say "Shadow the Sheepdog" by Enid Blyton as a starting point, and use it as the kernel of a new religion and add new insights and visions into the meaning and moralities within.

I know I've said it before but....... I think anyone wishing to participate in any sort of religion should do it within the confines of their own homes.
Not to be spoken about to anyone outside said community..
Any "true" religion wouldn't need a congregation at all :!: A person prays to their god. That's it. Nobody else needs to join in this personal mind-game.

bush.

it was common for bushes to ignite in the desert,but what got moses attention it wasn't being consumed, so he checked it out ,then god spoke to him .
...at which point the concept of god's existence being a "belief" or "faith" was slung out of the window and the whole thing becomes a fact based thing and not a faith based thing. Hence the contradiction.

And if indeed god does keep on having to come down to explain himself a bit more clearly, then he clearly ain't as omni as we'd like to think, which seems a bit of a problem in the grand plan of things that the Almighty Creator of Heaven and Earth and the Universe is in fact more like a shuffling Columbo who returns with "just one more thing" :rolleyes:

I've said it before and will no doubt say it again - there may or may not be a god and it would be lovely if there was one. However, there can be no doubt whatosever that organised religion based on purported visions, prophets or messiahs or any alleged "evidence" must by definition completely self-contradict the very basis of their existence.

Reference to ancient texts prove nothing, since these texts are themselves man-made stories based on tittle tattle and wishful thinking.

It would be just as easy to pick up a book, say "Shadow the Sheepdog" by Enid Blyton as a starting point, and use it as the kernel of a new religion and add new insights and visions into the meaning and moralities within.
As a total non believer, I can just add that if someone wants to believe in a 'God', then that is up to them. My way of thinking is that religion is for someone that can't think for themselves and need an excuse to look beyond the real world.

Not to be spoken about to anyone outside said community..
Any "true" religion wouldn't need a congregation at all :!: A person prays to their god. That's it. Nobody else needs to join in this personal mind-game.

I was merely suggesting they could all at least have a glass of wine and 'nibbles' after a hard praying sesh. :D

Sponsored Links
Back