Freedom of Speech Does Not Include the Right to Offend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest it is because they have been taught their views since such a young age, they have internalised it to such an extent they are incapable of escaping its overwhelming and tenacious faith.

Yes that's how belief in Religion gets instilled, crazy, yes I know.

Sponsored Links
There still demonstrating out side the school :confused:

Perhaps some one needs to pop down there and tell the demonstrators / fruit cakes that the school is shut and has been all
Day :confused:

:LOL:

There still demonstrating out side the school :confused:

Perhaps some one needs to pop down there and tell the demonstrators / fruit cakes that the school is shut and has been all
Day :confused:

:LOL:

Why are atheists not told to respect the views of believers?
Why are the religious not told to respect the view of other religions?
Why are some taught bigotry?
Why do some promote bigotry?

I suggest it is because they have been taught their views since such a young age, they have internalised it to such an extent they are incapable of escaping its overwhelming and tenacious faith.

Which runs entirely counter to your ridiculous statements about teachers in previous posts. The way to counter those things you listed is to have teachers who show the good and bad of things and act as facilitator to help children make decisions and reach conclusions. Any extremist views or those running counter to societal expectations can be challenged. If you hide from it you never have the opportunity to address it.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to I dunno, say, hold up a picture of Mohammed and facilitate a discussion as to the relative merits of that particular religion declaring no-one should do that and why another's religion should or should not apply to non-followers.

It's part of a healthy education and upbringing and will help them make solid choices as adults.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps we should change our whole RE curriculum in all state schools to suit Muslims.
I’m sure they would be just as obliging in Muslim counties to change their educational systems to suit Christians.

Why are atheists not told to respect the views of believers?
They are - which is the biggest mystery of religion. It should stop.

8da91ebfbbf7b9d2ece4ee22110b7a3e--ricky-gervais-trick.jpg

In transam's case it's an opportunity to ferment hatred against Asians.
Search for how many times transam has used the term 'Chinese virus'. There's three pages of results.

Then search for how many anyone else has promoted the use of that term.

Transam must be aware of how it promotes racial hatred against Asians. That's why he does it. His comments and use of the term are allowed to remain, but my criticism of him using that term was deleted. He is being protected in his promotion of racial hatred against Asians.
Just out of curiosity: are you in USA?
Why do you call chinese people Asians?
Over here in Uk we call them Oriental.
Asians, in uk language, are Indians, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, etc.
Have you hijacked this forum from the other side of the pond?
Do you run a blog in which you show how your b@llox initiate a reaction?

blimey in some of these back ward countries they actually stop a school bus board it and shoot 14 year old girls for actually daring to want to go to school

himmagin / dazzler / fruit cake

says nowt about it :confused:

his silence speaks volumes tbh;)

parents / upbringing may be :idea:

Pat Condell on free speech and the right to offend:

Which runs entirely counter to your ridiculous statements about teachers in previous posts. The way to counter those things you listed is to have teachers who show the good and bad of things and act as facilitator to help children make decisions and reach conclusions. Any extremist views or those running counter to societal expectations can be challenged. If you hide from it you never have the opportunity to address it.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to I dunno, say, hold up a picture of Mohammed and facilitate a discussion as to the relative merits of that particular religion declaring no-one should do that and why another's religion should or should not apply to non-followers.

It's part of a healthy education and upbringing and will help them make solid choices as adults.
I think you seriously misjudge me. I can criticise a single poor decision without sacrificing my holistic opinion.

I believe that education should discuss contentious issues in a sensitive way. That doesn't need to include the use of offensive teaching material.
As shown by my analogies, some teaching material is obviously inappropriate. That doesn't mean the issue cannot be discussed. Youi discuss it without using offensive or inappropriate material.
The information contained in media reports illustrates exactly my points:
a teacher who showed pupils an "offensive" cartoon of the Prophet Muhammad

"Schools are places where children learn about ideas, values, difference and respect.
"This sometimes involves exposing them to contentious issues and different views and ideas."
"For schools to meet their legal duty to foster good relations between people from different groups, this should be done in a balanced, respectful and sensitive way."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-56537585
The RE teacher involved was obviously incapable of discerning the difference between offensive, and sensitive, and anyone with a brain would realise that contentious and sensitive issues would occur in RE teaching.
Furthermore he was incapable of seeking guidance on the issue. Or he had no intention of seeking guidance which suggests he had an ulterior motive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back